Saturday, May 5, 2007

Winding Down...


This afternoon, we had our
Ladies' Fellowship Tea at church.
It was a wonderful time of food,
fellowship, and, of course, tea.
The beautiful, delicate decor,
the soothing music playing softly in the background,
the dainty foods, delicious tea,
and sweet fellowship
made me want to have a tea party everyday!

The special music blessed my heart.
Our speaker was such a special blessing, too.
She spoke about the different 'flowers' in God's garden,
elaborating on the different characteristics of each flower
and the role they play in the church.
She also shared her testimony of cancer survival.
It was such a blessing and encouragement
when she shared what she went through
and how God brought her through it.
It encouraged me with Ally's situation
and it was a blessing to Ally, too.

Friday (yesterday) was a long day for us.
We had a homeschool park day in the morning
and then drove about an hour to our appointment
with the homeopathic practitioner.
Our appointment lasted about three hours!
I was quite proud of the younger ones.
They did very well sitting in the office that length of time.
We will be trying a couple of remedies that she suggested
and she how they go. We are continuing in prayer.

On our way home from this appointment,
we stopped at a chinese restaurant for supper.
Ally and I enjoy chinese food very much,
especially if it's spicy.
The younger ones do not share our liking
but managed pretty well.
We also did a little mini-shopping
at a store next to the restaurant.
After driving about an hour home,
it was around 10:30 and way past time for bed.
We were very thankful for the safety
that the Lord provided.

I look forward to a restful Lord's Day.
The children will be singing their
Mother's Day song during the service.
We have been working on it for a couple of months.
I hope to remember my video camera
and will share it when I am able.

Have a blessed Lord's Day!


"Fill my cup, Lord
I lift it up, Lord
Come and quench
this thirsting in my soul.
Bread of Heaven,
Feed me till I want no more
Fill my cup, fill it up
and make me whole"



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails