Thursday, June 28, 2007

Giving Liberally to My Children... What I Can and Need to Do...



Below is something I wrote exactly a year ago today.
I came across it and it was a good reminder for me.


~ Lift each child up in prayer. Daily. Faithfully.

~ Pray Scripture over the children.

~ Memorize Scripture Together.

~ Be in God's Word daily.

~ Be in God's Word with them daily.

~ Sing and learn of hymns together.

~ Get a routine and DO IT.
They and I have too much unstructured free time.

~ Do a Bible Study with the older children individually
(maybe 1x a week).

~ Write them letters/notes of love, encouragement,
and prayer.

~ Cross-stitch them a special verse/poem and frame it.

~ Take a daily walk with them or at least go outside
and play something.

~ Teach them a hobby/handcraft
and participate with them.

~ Stop what I am doing and really listen to them.
Look at them. I would want the same respect from them.

~ Play board games, etc... with them.

~ Practice and obtain a meek and quiet spirit
(especially in my tone).

~ Stop pursuing my own selfish interests/duties
(computer, house work, phone, reading, etc...)
and work with them and be with them. Pursue them.
Then perhaps they will be less inclined to pursue
their own selves and interests.
They do follow by example after all.


Thank you for your promise, Lord,
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God,
that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not;

and it shall be given him." ~ James 1:5
Thank you, Lord, for laying these things on my heart.
I know that it is no coincidence that almost all of them

involve spending quantity AND quality time with them.
Forgive me of my own selfishness, Lord.

Help me not to justify it.
Help me, Lord, to follow through

with what You would have me to do.

I pray in Jesus' Wonderful name ~
Amen


6 comments:

Tracy said...

Excellent, Christina! I needed this today. Thank you.

Kelli said...

Thank you so much, Christina!! All wonderful things to do with and for our children!
Kelli

Dina said...

That is wonderful Christina, thanks alot for sharing this.

Sharon said...

A beautiful post, Christina, and so true.

HsKubes said...

You're very welcome, ladies. I'm glad it was a blessing. It was a blessing and a good reminder to myself when I came across it, again. ;o)

~ Christina

Brenda said...

((hugs)) Christina, this is another precious list. Thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration and a blessing. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails