Thursday, February 1, 2007

The Mama Shepherd...

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks,
and to look well to thy herd."~ Proverbs 27:23
{the "theme" of our blog}

I love relating this Scripture
to my role as a mother!
As homeschooling mamas,
how much more are we able
to know the hearts of our children
and able to know what each one
of them needs spiritually.

When we are diligent in noticing
and observing our children,
the Lord reveals a lot to us about them.
We are able to see their character
strengths and weaknesses.
When we are looking well to our herds,
we are prayerfully and actively doing
what we need to do in teaching, training,
and nurturing our little lambs.

This Scripture, to me, is very powerful.
So much is being said/implied in this one verse.
What an awesome responsibility we have
in being the mama shepherd.

May the LORD help me to
do all I can in gently training
the precious sheep He has entrusted to me,
as their Mama Shepherd.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails