Thursday, August 19, 2010

Success in Home Education...

{{repost}}

Reminding myself as I begin focusing
on our upcoming homeschool year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having this list has encouraged
and motivated me at times

and I thought the "Back to School" season
would be a good time to share it, again.


May we always maintain
an eternal perspective

and lean on the One
Who gives us strength,
grace, and victory...




Success in Homeschool


#1 ~ Seek God

Pray! Pray! Pray!
Continually be in prayer
and utterly rely upon the grace of God.

“Pray without ceasing.”

~ 1 Thessalonians 5:17


“…let us go speedily
to pray before the LORD,

and to seek the LORD of hosts…”
~ Zechariah 8:21




#2 ~ Study God’s Word

Daily be in His Word.

“…that they received the word

with all readiness of mind,
and searched the scriptures daily…”
~ Acts 17:11




#3 ~ Scriptural Perspective

Keep a focused vision
on our purpose in homeschooling.

“And these words,

which I command thee this day,
shall be in thine heart:
And thou shalt teach them
diligently unto thy children,
and shalt talk of them
when thou sittest in thine house,
and when thou walkest by the way,
and when thou liest down,
and when thou risest up.”
~ Deuteronomy 6:6,7



#4 ~ Spiritual Growth

Continue to
“…grow in grace,
and in the knowledge

of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ…”
~ 2 Peter 3:18


and diligently promote
our children’s spiritual growth.


“Train up a child in the way he should go;
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
~ Proverbs 22:6



#5 ~ Surrender

Surrender our homeschooling endeavors
to the LORD and find strength in HIM.

”Commit thy way unto the LORD;

trust also in Him;
and He shall bring it to pass."
~ Psalm 37:5


"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusted in him,
and I am helped:

therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth;
and with my song will I praise him."
~ Psalm 28:7




#6 ~ 'Schedule'

Have some kind of routine, scedule,
or sequence of events
(or, at least, a 'skeleton' of one).

This helps to give direction
and accountability to how we use our time.

”Redeeming the time…”

~ Ephesians 5:16




#7 ~ Season our Surroundings

An atmosphere of love, respect, and grace
makes teaching and learning more effective.

“With all lowliness and meekness,

with longsuffering,
forbearing one another in love;”

~ Ephesians 4:2

“And let us consider one another
to provoke unto love and to good works.”
~ Hebrews 10:24



#8 ~ Self-examination

It is important for parents to model
being surrendered to Christ,
good character traits,

disciplined habits,
and enthusiasm for learning.


“Examine yourselves,

whether ye be in the faith;
prove your own selves.”
~ 2 Corinthians 13:5


“For even hereunto were ye called:
because Christ also suffered for us,
leaving us an example,
that ye should follow His steps:”
~ 1 Peter 2:21




#9 ~ Support

Be willing to seek help.
When we are discouraged or unmotivated,
humble ourselves and talk to someone
who can encourage us.
They’ve been there too!

“Two are better than one…”

~ Ecclesiastes 4:9




#10 ~ Smile Ü

"A merry heart
maketh a cheerful countenance…”

~ Proverbs 15:13

Our children are a precious gift
(Psalm 127)

and educating them at home
is a blessed privilege!

Enjoy them!!
And have faith in future fruit.

“Give her of the fruit of her hands:

and let her own works praise her in the gates.”
~ Proverbs 31:31


~ written by Christina K ©September 2004

This article was featured at HomeSchool Enrichment Magazine Online.


11 comments:

Grafted Branch said...

A great list! Thank you for posting this...just for me I think.

Sheri said...

I am learning so much... thank you for your godly example in home schooling your children.

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Some great reminders here! Thanks for sharing this with us. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

~Amy

Holli said...

I truly love the article you wrote. Thank you so much for it. Also, You've been tagged by me. I visit your site OFTEN!! Thank you again.

HsKubes said...

Thank you, ladies, for your kind words. I'm so thankful it was a blessing.

~ Christina

Larissa Q said...

Thank you. Christ is central in everything BUT our homeschool. I struggle to keep Him in there, so easy to do what the kids want instead of what God commands. I'll be printing these out and putting them on the fridge, perhaps they'll see them and things will change.

PlainJane said...

AMEN Christina! Wonderful thoughts. So many are seeking worldly academic excellence rather than God's excellence. People would rather grasp for what is temporial rather then eternal.

Isaiah 55:9
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Jaime Lynn said...

Thank you so much for this post. I am going to homeschool even though I went to public school and my husband attended private school. We are very excited to teach our children in the home. Our first (and only so far) child is only 3 months old but it is important to read these kind of posts beforehand and keep them in prayer and in mind for the years to come. Time flies and I am sure it is right around the corner! God bless you for sharing!

Shannon said...

Thanks for this great post. I remember reading it last year and again it was a blessing to me. I love being a mom. Thanks for praying for me to have a baby. The more I think of homeschooling, the more I look forward to teaching my son. Actually, the training has already begun! It truly is a joy.

God bless you. I miss you. I'm praying for you at this time with your eldest leaving the nest so soon. Maybe we can chat some time soon. Love, Shannon

HsKubes said...

Jaime ~ So thankful it was an encouragement. How wonderful that you are planning, preparing, and praying for your homeschool journey, long before it "officially" begins. Excited for you as you obey HIM in this area!

HsKubes said...

Hi Shannon ~
I repost this every year to remind and encourage myself. ;o)
It just thrills my heart to hear and see how much you delight in being a mama! It's like an answer to prayer that just keeps giving and giving! And I'm just so thrilled y'all intend to homeschool. It will be a wonderful journey as you spend such precious time teaching and training your little one(s) up in the LORD! I look forward to watching you and your family grow in the LORD (and in numbers!). ;o)

I miss you much, too. Thank you for praying for us. It's not been an easy experience... but HE is doing wonderful works and we are thankful. I would LOVE to chat sometime soon. I miss chatting with someone. I look forward to it.
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. They are such a blessing. We continue to pray for all of you and you are in our thoughts always. We miss you all.

Love ~ Christina (and family, too!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails