Thursday, October 25, 2007

31 Ways to Pray for Our Military...

Quite some time ago, I came across this list
of 31 Ways to Pray for Our Military.
I had originally found it at a
website
(as a disclaimer, I do NOT endorse that site
but mention it to give credit to the original list)
but took some time to alter it a bit
by adding additional Scriptures
and listing the Scripture (KJB)
instead of just giving the reference.
Below is that altered list:




1. Protection

"The angel of the LORD encampeth round about
them that fear him, and delivereth them."
~ Psalm 34:7

"Thou art my hiding place;
thou shalt preserve me from trouble;
thou shalt compass me about
with songs of deliverance. Selah."
~ Psalm 32:7


2. Wisdom

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God,
that giveth to all men liberally,
and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."
~ James 1:5

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of glory, may give unto you
the spirit of wisdom and revelation
in the knowledge of him" ~ Ephesians 1:17


3. Peace

"And the peace of God,
which passeth all understanding,
shall keep your hearts and minds
through Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:7

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee." ~ Isaiah 26:3


4. Presence of God

"God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble." ~ Psalm 46:1

"When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies,
and seest horses, and chariots,
and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them:
for the LORD thy God is with thee,
which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt."
~ Deuteronomy 20:1


5. Strength

"That he would grant you,
according to the riches of his glory,
to be strengthened with might
by his Spirit in the inner man" ~ Ephesians 3:16

"With whom my hand shall be established:
mine arm also shall strengthen him." ~ Psalm 89:21


6. Clear Mind

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
~ 2 Timothy 1:7


7. Security

"Keep me as the apple of the eye,
hide me under the shadow of thy wings"
Psalm 17:8

"And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope;
yea, thou shalt dig about thee,
and thou shalt take thy rest in safety."
Job 11:18


8. Health for Physical Body

"I can do all things through Christ
which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

"Behold, I will bring it health and cure,
and I will cure them,
and will reveal unto them
the abundance of peace and truth."
Jeremiah 33:6


9. Courage

"Have not I commanded thee?
Be strong and of a good courage;
be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:
for the LORD thy God is with thee
whithersoever thou goest." ~ Joshua 1:9

"Be of good courage,
and let us behave ourselves valiantly for our people,
and for the cities of our God:
and let the LORD do that which is good in his sight."
1 Chronicles 19:13


10. To Help Others

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory;
but in lowliness of mind
let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things,
but every man also on the things of others."
~ Philippians 2:3-4

"Be kindly affectioned one to another
with brotherly love;
in honour preferring one another"
Romans 12:10


11. To be aware of God’s love for them

"... Yea, I have loved thee
with an everlasting love:
therefore with lovingkindness
have I drawn thee." ~ Jeremiah 31:3

"But God, who is rich in mercy,
for his great love wherewith he loved us"
~ Ephesians 2:4


12. Family concerns

"Casting all your care upon him;
for he careth for you." ~ 1 Peter 5:7

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD,
and he shall sustain thee:
he shall never suffer
the righteous to be moved." ~ Psalm 55:22


13. Rest

"Come unto me, all ye that labour
and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest unto your souls."
~ Matthew 11:28-29


14. Adjust to time change, sleep

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep:
for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety."
~ Psalm 4:8

"When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid:
yea, thou shalt lie down,
and thy sleep shall be sweet." ~ Proverbs 3:24


15. Unity in purpose

"Finally, be ye all of one mind,
having compassion one of another,
love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous"
~ 1 Peter 3:8

"Now the God of patience and consolation
grant you to be likeminded
one toward another according to Christ Jesus"
~ Romans 15:5


16. Loneliness

"And I will walk among you,
and will be your God, and ye shall be my people."
~ Leviticus 26:12

"...and, lo, I am with you alway,
even unto the end of the world. Amen."
~ Matthew 28:20


17. Children of military

"And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD;
and great shall be the peace of thy children."
~ Isaiah 54:13

"A father of the fatherless,
and a judge of the widows,
is God in his holy habitation."
~ Psalm 68:5


18. Spouses of military

"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd:
he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them in his bosom,
and shall gently lead those that are with young."
~ Isaiah 40:11


19. Patience while waiting

"Our soul waiteth for the LORD:
he is our help and our shield."
~ Psalm 33:20

"My soul, wait thou only upon God;
for my expectation is from him."
~ Psalm 62:5


20. God directing their steps

"I will instruct thee and teach thee
in the way which thou shalt go:
I will guide thee with mine eye."
~ Psalm 32:8

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep,
he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him:
for they know his voice." ~ John 10:4


21. Diligent in their work

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily,
as to the Lord, and not unto men"
~ Colossians 3:23

"Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers;
but as the servants of Christ,
doing the will of God from the heart;
With good will doing service,
as to the Lord, and not to men"
~ Ephesians 6:6



22. Resist temptation

"There hath no temptation taken you
but such as is common to man:
but God is faithful,
who will not suffer you
to be tempted above that ye are able;
but will with the temptation
also make a way to escape,
that ye may be able to bear it."
~ 1 Corinthians 10:13


23. Discernment

"And this I pray,
that your love may abound
yet more and more
in knowledge and in all judgment"
~ Philippians 1:9

"But strong meat belongeth to them
that are of full age,
even those who by reason of use
have their senses exercised
to discern both good and evil."
~ Hebrews 5:14


24. Traveling safety

"The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil:
he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out
and thy coming in from this time forth,
and even for evermore."
~ Psalm 121:7-8


25. Fighting Depression

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul?
and why art thou disquieted in me?
hope thou in God:
for I shall yet praise him
for the help of his countenance."
~ Psalm 42:5

"The LORD is my portion, saith my soul;
therefore will I hope in him."
~ Lamentations 3:24


26. Protection from Evil

"But the Lord is faithful,
who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil."
~ 2 Thessalonians 3:3

"The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive;
and he shall be blessed upon the earth:
and thou wilt not deliver him
unto the will of his enemies."
~ Psalm 41:2


27. Encourage those around them

"The liberal soul shall be made fat:
and he that watereth shall be watered also himself."
~ Proverbs 11:25

"Wherefore comfort yourselves together,
and edify one another, even as also ye do."
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:11


28. Personal prayer life

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee,
and shew thee great and mighty things,
which thou knowest not." ~ Jeremiah 33:3

"Evening, and morning, and at noon,
will I pray, and cry aloud:
and he shall hear my voice." ~ Psalm 55:17


29. Deliverance from the enemy

"My times are in thy hand:
deliver me from the hand of mine enemies,
and from them that persecute me."
~ Psalm 31:15

"Surely he shall deliver thee
from the snare of the fowler,
and from the noisome pestilence."
~ Psalm 91:3


30. Angels to guard them

"The angel of the LORD encampeth
round about them that fear him,
and delivereth them." ~ Psalm 34:7


31. Persistence for the task

"And let us not be weary in well doing:
for in due season we shall reap,
if we faint not." ~ Galatians 6:9

"But ye, brethren,
be not weary in well doing."
~ 2 Thessalonians 3:13




"The effectual fervent prayer
of a righteous man availeth much."
~ James 516b

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Christina, thank you so much for sharing this!
I have printed this out and will use this to pray for the wonderful men and women serving our country!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!

Kristi said...

I like how you revised this list. And what a great way to pray!

I had to check my email because you listed a verse that I received in an email just this morning....Psalm 91:3 "Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence." I had never heard or read that verse before. Isn't it something I would see it twice today? LOL

~Kristi

debhmom3 said...

Thanks for the great scripture and reminding us all that we have soldiers all over the world and right her at home who need our prayers. Thank you again for being a faithful military family. I know your life isn't easy when daddy is away, but God is faithful. Praying all these 31 things for you as well as your husband.

Pam--in America said...

What a wonderful list! Thank you for sharing; and for taking the time to put verses with each. I'm sure that was a wonderful devotional time for you; looking up all of those verses.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. Thank you.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Thank you for this. I know what they can go through, mentally and emotionally, over there. It is harder than we will ever know.

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Thanks for sharing this list with the added verses to help us better pray for the men and women who serve our country.

I was just thinking this morning how truly blessed my DH is to work where he does. He has a Christian boss, and though the one other man he works with is not a Christian he is a pretty moral man and my DH does not have the bad influences in the work place so many men do, and when I read the verses under resisting temptation and protection from evil I had to thank the Lord for protecting my DH while he is working out in this sinful world to provide for our family.

Thanks again for this post and thanks to your husband who daily fights to protect our freedoms here in America!
~Amy

Grafted Branch said...

I think I'll be back to meditate on these tomorrow (Sunday). Thank you for all the extra work you did on this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails