Monday, August 2, 2010

Fulness of Joy...

Last week was a tough week for us.
When JEHOVAH is working
to accomplish His will,
when His children are seeking
with their whole heart,
and when they resolve to obey...

there is an enemy that wants to destroy
the work of the Holy One...

The mind is the greatest battlefield.
And our enemy is a great deceiver
and a relentless accuser.

What comfort, joy,
and assurance to know
that we are given weapons
that are supernatural.
We are able to take
those thoughts captive,
taking a hold of them,
and bringing them
to the obedience of Christ.

We are able to change
our carnal and deceived
way of thinking
by the washing of our minds
through His Word.

Unfortunately,
this is not always
a quick process for me.
But, in His great
mercy, grace, and love,
He is good
and longsuffering with me...
pruning me, teaching me,
changing me.


"But thou, O Lord,
art a God full of compassion,
and gracious, longsuffering,
and plenteous in mercy and truth."

(Psalm 86:15)





"But thou, O LORD,
art a shield for me;

my glory,
and the lifter up of mine head.
"
(Psalm 3:3)


He reminded me this week that
in times of deep discouragement
and, seemingly, despair...
HE is still my Counselor,
my Comforter,
my Friend,
my Heavenly Father,
my Beloved,
my All in All...

I can always rejoice
and praise HIM
for WHO He is!
He never changes!

My joy is not found
in circumstances,
but it is found
in HIM...


"..in thy presence
is fulness of joy
..."
(Psalm 16:11)



"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,
from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD,
which made heaven and earth."
(Psalm 121:1-2)


"But I will hope continually,
and will yet praise thee
more and more.
"
(Psalm 71:14)


Praising HIM
is a matter of the heart...
it is not contingent
upon our circumstances.

Praise HIM in the 'bad'.
Praise HIM in the 'good'.
HE is always Worthy!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! Hoping this week is a time of encouragement and refreshment for your soul. (((hugs)))

Lindsey said...

Amen and Amen!! What an awesome God we serve! Praying God may grant you a renewed spirit in the knowledge that He is your Light and Hope... He's all any of us truly need!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails