Monday, June 25, 2007

ABC's of Loving Our Children...

{{transferred from previous blog}}
Below is something that I compiled
a few years ago for a homeschool meeting
during the month of February...

Let our love be in action...




A B C's of Loving Our Children


Appreciate who they are

Bathe them in Scripture daily

Commit them to the LORD daily

Discipline them diligently

Encourage them often

Forgive them and then forget

Get to know them

Hug hug hug them

Ignore their imperfections

Joy in being their mother

Kiss kiss kiss them

Listen with your heart as well as your ears

Make many meaningful memories with them

Never tease, put down or use sarcasm

Openly praise them

Produce plenty of photos

Quality time as well as quantity of time

Read to them God's Word & good books

Sing with them and to them

Talk to God about them and to them about God

Unconditionally love them

Value them for they are God's rewards

Wear a smile *Ü*

eXamine yourself and be an example

Yes!! Don't be so quick to say no

Zeal and passion ~ have it for our children

Christina K ©February 2005

"My little children,
let us not love in word, neither in tongue;
but in deed and in truth."

~ 1 John 3:18

10 comments:

Heather said...

This was beautiful! How are you doing? I know I don't comment, but I think of you and pray for your family often ((hug)) heather

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Christina,
I LOVED this. Very good and all great reminders. Do you mind if I print a copy for myself so that I can refer to it?

Have a wonderful Day!

Dina said...

That is really a great A B C's ... thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I've got to find a way to print this out. :-) I need to have a copy of this up on my wall. It's beautiful!

Love,
Malina

Tina said...

I enjoyed this Christina!

HsKubes said...

Heather ~ It was good to hear from you. We are doing well. I think of y'all and pray for you often. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. ;o)

Amy ~ Thank you. I don't mind, at all, if you print this out. ;o)

Dina ~ You're very welcome. *Ü*

Malina ~ Thank you. If you highlight the text, you should be able to print out the selected area. ;o)

Tina ~ Thank you very much. I hope you are doing well.


Hope y'all are enjoying your day!
~ Christina

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting these. I really need to print them out and let them serve as a reminder to me daily.

I loved your Monday Musing's post also. I'm so happy you all got to speak to your HERO!!(and one of my heros too might I say?)

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting that. I am going to print that out too.

Jess~

Kristi said...

Christina, I really loved this. I wanted to comment on it last night, but was having trouble commenting on some blogs for some reason. Then I figured out I could sign out and comment as Anonymous. Then when I signed in it was working again. UGH! LOL Anyway! I loved this. I love everything you write. God has really blessed you with a thoughtful pen. I hope to one day see you have published some of your writings. They're very encouraging and often thought provoking.

~Kristi

HsKubes said...

Pam ~ I like to use these as a reminder to myself, too. I was so happy to speak to my Hero, too. And thank you for your kind words. The mean a lot to us. ;o)

Jess ~ You're very welcome. *Ü*

Kristi ~ Thank you for your kind words. You made me chuckle at your suggestion. I have a friend that keeps that same thought active in my mind. ;o) I do thank you, though, for your encouraging words. They are such a blessing. I am thankful that what I post is sometimes a blessing to others. That thrills my heart!

~ Christina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails