Friday, June 22, 2007

Cherish the Moment...

I mentioned in my post yesterday
how it seems that in many homes
children are not seen as a reward,
as God has called them.
Even in homes where children
are seen as little treasures,
we can still, sometimes, encounter
times when we get caught up
in the day or in ourselves
and, unfortuneately, we can
neglect those priceless treasures.

A friend and I were talking yesterday
about tying heart strings to our children.
She shared with me how
she has been allowing her children
to sometimes sleep in her room,
while her husband is deployed.
What a precious time
for that mama and children.

Since my own beloved left
for his deployment,
my children have asked
to sleep with me many times.
I admit that, occasionally,
I find myself being concerned
that it will start a bad habit
or maybe I just 'want my space'.
But the Holy Spirit is Faithful
in reminding me that
I really do not need my space...
these children are part of my high calling.
I joyfully listen to that still, small voice
and treasure those moments
when they desire to be near me so badly.

Last night was one of those nights.
And when I finally climbed into bed,
joy filled my heart that my children were with me.

I pray that I always cherish those moments,
that I take time to see those moments
and treasure them.

Yesterday Ally and I were singing at the piano
as the younger ones were outside playing.
We came across the song
"Cherish the Moment" by Ron Hamilton.
It's a song that we know very well
(and always brings joyful tears to my eyes).
It reminds me to truly cherish those moments
with my precious children that He has loaned me.

My gramma lost her daughter
(my mom's sister... my aunt)
to cancer a few years ago.
At her funeral, they sang this song.
One day our children will be gone...
maybe because they have grown into adults
or, perhaps, called home to Heaven.

May we cherish the moments...

I wanted to share Ally and I singing this song
(we had to sing it 5 times before I could
finally sing it with somewhat dry eyes.)
The camera is focused on a photo of my children.
Ally is playing the piano and softly harmonizing,
while I am singing the melody.
I pray it is a blessing to you.
Below the video are the words...
be sure to read them...
and grab a tissue.






Cherish the Moment

Read my book, rub my back;
Mommy, listen to my prayer.
Let me sit in your lap.
Daddy, fly me through the air.
Throw a ball, make a snack;
Can we go to the park?
Tuck me in, hold me close;
I'm afraid of the dark.


(Chorus)
Cherish the moment;
Soon you'll be apart.
Cling to the mem'ry;
Clasp it to your heart.
Soon comes the day when
you'll have no child to hold,
So cherish,
cherish the moment.


Sing a song, play a game;
Swing me high in the air.
Ride a bike, fly a kite;
How I love the times we share.
Hold my hand, hug my neck;
Daddy bounce me on your knee.
Come and sit by my bed;
Mommy sing me to sleep.


(Chorus)
Cherish the moment;
Soon you'll be apart.
Cling to the mem'ry;
Clasp it to your heart.
Soon comes the day when
you'll have no child to hold,
So cherish,
cherish the moment.


Think ahead to a time

When your little ones are grown;
Hold them tight, don't lose sight
Of the blessings you have known.
Think ahead to a time
When your little boy's a man
And you'd give anything
Just to hold him again.


(Chorus)
Cherish the moment;
Soon you'll be apart.
Cling to the mem'ry;
Clasp it to your heart.
Soon comes the day when
you'll have no child to hold,
So cherish,
cherish the moment.

song written by Ron Hamilton




19 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH ,I just loved it,I'm having
surgey today and now I'll have your voice and such beautiful word
in my mind and I won't worry so much;You should do this more often!
My children were and are a blessing
to me and these words say it all.
Love your
Mother

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing. My husband, too is deployed and we have a little 2 year old daughter. She has never slept well, and out of 'desperation' I would just bring her in bed with me when she would cry--and she usually settles in so quickly. Often she puts her little arm around me and snuggles up close. What a blessing I almost missed! It has changed our entire day, she is much more calm and at peace when she gets to sleep with Mama. Praise God for His sweet blessings!

Karen said...

The words of this song really spoke to my heart today, Christina. You have a beautiful voice, and Ally is so talented as well! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

I just love this song! You and Ally sound so good together and you have a beautiful voice.

Thanks for sharing this song with us~

Military Mommy said...

That was just lovely. Thanks for sharing your talents with us today. :)

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely post. The first few paragraphs really touched my heart and were something I really needed to hear right now.
Have a blessed weekend!

Abigail said...

Christina,
What beautiful voices you and Ally have! What a special moment to spend with your daighter. God bless your family.

Tracy said...

Ooops! I posted as my daughter Abigail. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Hello. I just love your blog. I am a regular reader and have enjoyed all the spiritual refreshment that I have gotten from you. I also love the t-shirt dresses you make for your girls. I know that you gave directions for this, but I am a very NOVICE seamstress. I was wondering if you would mind to explain the steps a little further. I would love to make some for my girls...I have 3. Blessings to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

How sweet a song. Your voice and Ally's playing is lovely. I couldnt quite hear Ally singing. Mrs. Bowman

HsKubes said...

Mommy ~ I was praying for you today! I love and miss you bunches. I will be sending you a dvd with this and some other videos on it.
I sure love you and am so thankful the Lord chose you for my mommy.


Anonymous ~ You're very welcome. And praise the Lord for the blessings you received as your sweet one was sleeping with you. They are so precious!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I was glad to hear from you. ;o)

Karen ~ I'm thankful the words spoke to your heart. They sure speak to mine, as well. And thank you very much for your kind comments. We love to sing (all of us) together. We love making a 'joyful noise'.

Amy ~ We love this song, too. Thank you, also, for your kind words. We loving singing in our house. ;o)

Military Mommy ~ Thank you and you're welcome. I hope the words were a blessing.

Mrs. Brigham ~ It was the first few paragraphs that were real tear-jerkers for me, too. I'm thankful they were what you needed to hear.

Tracy ~ Thank you. It is always a special time when we gather together and sing. We love music and singing in our home. And we love to do it together. ;o)

Holly ~ Thank you for leaving your comment and kind words. It was good to hear from you. ;o) I will look over my instructions for the t-shirt dresses and see how I can explain them in more detail and will get back with you with them. I'm sure your girls would enjoy them.

Mrs. Bowman ~ Thank you very much. Ally is singing softer in the background, harmonizing. If you listen pretty closely, you should be able to hear her.
We do love this song, though. It blesses our hearts everytime we sing it. ;o)

Hope y'all enjoy your weekend ~
Christina

Anonymous said...

Your voice is so beautiful and so full of love. That precious daughter of yours sure can play the piano. How wonderful to have a memory such a this to share together. Thank you for sharing it with us. :-)

Portrait of Peter said...

So beautiful to read and so emotive in expression.

The song by Ron Hamilton has so meaning and captivation.

Prayers and blessings to you all.

Anonymous said...

This is my all time favorite blog! I was in tears when you two were singing. The Lord knew that I (and many others too) needed that. I have a dd6 who comes in bed in the middle of every night. I will think of it differently now. :)
I too read your blog all the time. I have made four T-shirt dresses with my dd6 helping! What a fabulous idea. Your blog brings such a light to me everytime I read it. Thank you so much. May God bless you for your blog ministry.

HsKubes said...

Malina ~ Thank you very much. We are glad that we had her stick out piano lessons. She loves to play and we love to listen and sing along. I hope that is something that our children will always remember... all of us singing together.

PortraitofPeter ~ It is a beautiful song with very touching words. We enjoy his songs. They have been a blessing to our family.

Debbie ~ This song brings tears to my eyes, too. I am thankful it was a blessing to you.
I'm so glad you were able to make some t-shirt dresses. And how wonderful that your daughter helped. What a precious time!
Thank you so much for your kind words. Those were a real blessing to me.

Have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow.
~ Christina

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! Did you take voice lessons? You have such a lovely voice and Ally seems to be doing very well on piano!

Cherish the Moment was sang at our Mother and Daughter Luncheon last year. I cried the entire time! Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and re-do some of my mistakes!

My boys are my treasures!

HsKubes said...

Pam ~ Thank you for your kind words. No, I have never taken voice lessons but I really do love to sing. ;o) And Ally really loves to play the piano, too.
What a wonderful song for a mother/daughter luncheon. I would have been in tears, too!
I, too, sometimes wish I could go back and make some mistakes right but it is a blessing to know that our children can learn from our mistakes, too. Our children truly are such a treasure!

~ Christina

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I just read a comment my friend wrote on facebook, about the pleasure of waking up with her children in her bed and how although it can be annoying, it is not going to be forever and so she is going to just enjoy it. I was writing back to her to tell her that i to woke this morning with my 2 and 4 year old boys in my bed, and that at these times i remember and hum the Ron Hamilton Song, i wanted to ensure i had the correct wording to share with my friend, and when i googled the song title, i came across your site and found you discussing the exact same song in regards to the exact same situation. Yet another reminder by the Holy Spirit, that the Lord has his hand in everything. Thankyou and Praise the Lord for Godly Mothers, heeding to our Lords calling. In Christ, Kichel Forbes

HsKubes said...

Kichel ~
I'm rejoicing in how the Holy Spirit works!
So glad you visited, too!

~ Christina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails