Saturday, June 30, 2007
Saturday, I worked on a new dress for Ally.
She wanted something a bit patriotic for
this Sunday's Independence Day service.
I wasn't able to find much that was patriotic
when I look through my fabric
but did find a floral print that was red, white, and blue.
I didn't have enough of it to make a whole dress
so I used it for a bodice
and then found a white, ribbed, knit fabric
to use for the skirt part of the dress.
I try to stay away from white
but, occasionally, we use it and keep it well lined. ;o)
She likes to add ties to her dresses
but I had forgotten to add them,
so, instead, I made a band out of the floral material.
Because the fabric was thicker,
we couldn't just tie it like a normal dress tie.
Instead, I had to tie it like a neck tie. lol
I was really thankful that my beloved
had taught me how to tie a neck tie.
She liked it, though, and I was glad.
Here was the finished dress...