Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Haven at Home on Wheels... Days 8 & 9

There was a thunder and lightning storm Sunday night,
so around 3am, Hubby helped me carry everyone into the house,
where we slept the rest of the night.

We all slept in...
even though we were scattered about the living room.
After coffee and breakfast, we lounged around.
Ally and I enjoyed singing at the piano with Gramma.

Later in the day, Ally and I went to town together.
First, we visited the schools I went to as a child
and I shared a few stories.
Then we went to another town and enjoyed lunch.
Afterwards, we did a little shopping together...
capped it off with a frappuccino and headed home.

Upon returning, I discovered that Will
had enjoyed a country road driving lesson.
He was very excited! ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Tuesday, I enjoyed the privilege of meeting
some lovely ladies that are online friends.


Ava, Valerie, Amie, and me

It was such a blessing to sit and fellowship!

Afterwards, I met my uncle for lunch.
I enjoyed visiting with him and catching up.
He is only two years older than me and, as children,
we lived next door to one another so we were very close.
It was a blessing to visit, indeed!

After that, I spent some time at the Christian bookstore,
which was a real delight, too! ;-)

When I arrived back at the house,
I discovered that everyone had enjoyed
most of the day outside, fixing Grandpa's shed roof.
Everyone had spent some time up there with Daddy
but Will, especially, had been up there most of the day.
It was such a blessing to see my family working together...
willingly... diligently... joyfully...

We're going to miss this place...
and the people, who are so dear to us.
I am thankful for the time we are able to be here
and look forward to enjoying the rest of our days. :-)


"O LORD, thou art my God;
I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name;
for thou hast done wonderful things;
thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth."
~ Isaiah 25:1


2 comments:

Beth said...

How precious your post is! Spending time with family is the BEST!!
Have a lovely day!
Beth

Unknown said...

I just realized I made the blog! It was so great sitting and visiting with you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails