Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Haven at Home on Wheels... Day 2

Journaling our cross-country journey...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a good night's rest in the camper
and a morning of sleeping in,
the children and I ventured out into town
while Daddy went golfing with his brother.
We enjoyed exploring the outskirts of Augusta, Georgia.

We enjoyed a brunch at Waffle House...
which they thought they wouldn't like but did ;o) ...
crispy hashbrowns, bacon on their burger,
chocolate chips on their waffles,
tomatoes on their eggs (that was me!),
chocolate milk, yummy coffee (that was me, again).
We had a delightful time together.


Afterwards, we traveled down the road,
found a post office {praise the Lord}
to mail my mama's Mother's Day gift,
and onto the store to pick up a few snacks,
miscellaneous items, and food for supper.
It was NOT a dull trip.

The children were tickled at trying the hula hoop...







And there was a sibling duel...

Later, we enjoyed an afternoon lounging around
Uncle's house, playing with his cats,
while mama did some laundry.

After the menfolk arrived, we enjoyed supper
and spending the evening together.

It was a treat today to be able to us Uncle's laptop
while we were visiting, as using my cell phone
can be quite the tedious task. ;o)

I had hopes of sewing a new regency dress today,
but it was nice to relax in a slow-paced day,
enjoying fellowship with my children,
husband, and brother-in-law.

Tomorrow we make our way to Alabama
to visit with Daddy's mama, dad, and sister...
with a brief stop in Atlanta to visit with an old friend. ;o)

"Blessed be the Lord,
who daily loadeth us with benefits,
even the God of our salvation. Selah."
~ Psalm 68:19


4 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so going to enjoy reading about your trip! I have many family members near Augusta (my mother's family are from that area), and my dearest, oldest friend is a pastor's wife near there too. Glad you got to enjoy a slower-paced day! :)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I am enjoying riding along!

PlainJane said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start...enjoy your visits.

Shannon said...

I was so happy to be able to read about your trip so far! I miss you now, but I have a feeling that it will be a little more real when I see the empty pew where you all sat. God has been so good to loan you to us for as long as He did. I am praying for you as you journey cross-country. Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails