Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Haven at Home on Wheels... Day 17... Texas Bound




After morning coffee, we began preparing for departure

from Grandpa and Gramma's house.
Around 11:30am, we said our goodbyes to them and my daddy.



Then we were on the road again.

We stopped briefly at an rv store to fix something
and enjoyed looking in other campers as we waited.
We were soon on the road and Texas bound.

When we reached Texas, we stopped at the welcome center
to gather information and stretch our legs,
as well as take a photo at the Texas shaped sign. ;-)

Our Texas drive included many large ranches,
lots of cattle grazing the field, horses, and even a few cowboys.
The highway was surrounded by Queen Anne's Lace, which was beautiful!

We travelled through Dallas in the dark and, afterwards,
drove mostly over long, dark empty road,
passing through a lot of industrial land.

We arrived at our destination after 10:00,
set up the camper, and retired around 11:30.
Thunderstorms made for light sleep.



"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God, my strength, in whom I will trust..."
Psalm 18:2

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I am really enjoying all your travel updates. I know you all are having a great time. It all looks so exciting!! Praying for traveling mercies for you all.

Anonymous said...

I eagerly check your blog each day, it is sooo fun reading about your travels! We were stationed in Texas at one time, our oldest child was born there :o)

Blessings on your further travels, Anne

Sonja said...

What a neat statue. :) As many times as I've been to Dallas and back to visit my grandmother, you'd think I'd see that at least once. LOL. I do no envy you driving through Dallas at all. The last time we were there, they were doing some horrible construction and it was just crazy. My Uncle has lived there all of his life and had never seen it that bad.

I hope that your travels continue safely and I can't wait to see the next pictures. :)

Madeleine said...

The new music is fantastic, I left your blog up while doing other things on the computer just to listen to it!!

And letting us *travel* with you has been delightful!

Thanks for the windows to your trip. :)

Unknown said...

How fun! We are new residents to Texas. We live an hour out of Dallas. Springtown, TX. Have a safe trip ! Huggers,
Brandie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails