Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Haven at Home on Wheels... Day 10

Arose around 7:30 this morning.
Went into the house and enjoyed a cup of coffee
and gathered around the table for breakfast.

We spent some time fishing today...




We used dog food and hot dogs to catch fish (lol)
and it worked!

Carolynne reeled in a catfish



Will reeled in a catfish


Beth reeled in a catfish
... and a brim...


Ally pet the fish but refused to catch one...
She's a fish sympatizer. ;o)

The view on the pond was beautiful...







The ride home was enjoyable, too.
I just love the smell of wild honeysuckle!
And Beth identified buffalo on the way home
and saw them drinking from their water hole.

I enjoyed reading a few pages of
William Wilberforce's "Real Christianity" during the ride back.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the evening, we enjoyed the service at Gramma's church.
I got to hear a childhood friend,
who is a missionary in Africa, preach.
It was a real blessing!

Afterwards, we enjoyed an ice cream cone
while Gramma and Ally picked up a few groceries.


When we returned home, we discovered that my dad
had killed a five foot rat snake that was laying around
at the bottom of the dirt pile that the children have been using!!
Ugh! That is one thing I do NOT miss about Arkansas.
I was glad I wasn't home to see it. ;o)


The children and I retired early for the night
to get a good night's rest.

I fell asleep thinking on the Truths from the sermon...
thinking about what more God could/would be doing
if I prayed more, trusted HIM more, and worked for HIM more.


"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths."
~ Proverbs 3:5-6


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Glad you are enjoying Real Christianity. I just finished a biography of John Newton entitled Once Blind. My next book is a biography of Wilberforce and I plan to read Real Christianity after that. I decided that this Sunday I will sing the three verses of "Amazing Grace" that are not published in our hymnal. This morning I shopped on Amazon.com for Newton and Cowper's Olney Hymns. I thought this may make a good Father's Day gift! In short, thanks for introducing us to the movie "Amazing Grace". Mike and I have been enjoyed our studies on Newton and Wilberforce, and our faith has been strengthened.
Again, I really love reading about your trip. Blogs are great! Miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails