Sunday, May 9, 2010

Haven at Home on Wheels... Days 6 & 7


Saturday morning I rose from bed around 6:30am,
eager to enjoy coffee and visiting with
Gramma, Grandpa, and Daddy.
And what a joy it was!

Later in the morning, after everyone was awake,
the children spent most of the morning out-of-doors.
Though they enjoyed many activities,
the dirt pile has been a favorite!











Eventually, all of the ladies in the house prepared
for the Mother/Daughter banquet that afternoon.
The banquet was at a campground that belongs to
my gramma's church's college.
They allowed me to sing two songs at the banquet...
"What Do I Want For My Children" (requested by Gramma)
and "I Saw Jesus in You", dedicated to my Gramma,
after I shared a brief testimony about her.
She has been such an influencing factor in my life.
It was a blessing to spend Mother's Day with her...
especially since the doctors have only given her
a year or two to live... though I know the Great Physician,
God the Father, the Creator, is the One that decides that. ;o)

It was a blessing, too, to be able to
get our photo taken together.



(the two on the top right are my aunts,
the lil' girl in the bottom right is my cousin,
and Gramma is the fine lady in the middle!) ;o)


Later in the day, and back at the house,
we enjoyed supper together, the children played outside,
they took a ride in the trailer (pulled by the lawn tractor),
and my dad let Ally drive!
I've loved seeing my children enjoy the wonderful
and fun country life that I grew up in!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, we enjoyed going to church with Gramma and Dad
(Grandpa wasn't able to go due to his back).
There was an evangelist preaching and it was a blessing!

After returning home from church,
the family gathered at the house for Sunday supper.
I've enjoyed the blessings of fellowshipping with family,
catching up, and reminising about 'old times'.

The LORD is good! And I thank and praise HIM
for HIS many and countless blessings!

3 comments:

Pam--in America said...

I am so glad that you are having such a blessed time as you travel.

(And I can't get over how much I LOVE your hair like that!! ;o)

melissa said...

I am enjoying reading your travel updates... what fun!
Melissa

Shannon said...

Thanks for sharing about your trip! Thinking about you and praying for you all today!! Miss you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails