Sunday, May 16, 2010

Haven at Home on Wheels... Days 11-14



We enjoyed a day around the house on Thursday.
Hubby and Ally practiced shooting the gun.
The children played outdoors a lot
and we enjoyed our visiting with family.
Enjoyed supper out together... Gramma's treat! ;o)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Friday, my daddy and I spent some time out together.
I took him to the local commisary and he loved it!
Later, in the afternoon, husband and I swam
in my aunt & uncle's pool with the children.
We enjoyed this rare treat!

In the evening, my aunts & uncles & cousins
came out to the house and we all ate tacos together,
as well as visiting ;-)







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday morning we slept in a little
due to the thunderstorms the night before.
The electricity had gone out around 4am.
I rolled off the couch around 8am, enjoyed coffee,
and made breakfast around 10:00.

It was cloudy, wet, and cool. I enjoyed it. ;-)
I enjoyed washing up dishes in Gramma's kitchen
while the cool breezes blew in the window.

It was a sleepy day... and a little emotional.
The LORD continues to teach me...
learning how to let go of things... and trust HIM...
showing me that HIS grace truly is All-sufficient.
And I am thankful.

We spent some time in the afternoon
watching Dr. Kent Hovind's videos.
It was a blessing to see my daddy watching & learning.
It can be so hard sometimes to break away
From old and incorrect ways of thinking...
I praise GOD that HE opens eyes when we are blind,
that HE changes hearts and minds with HIS Truths.

Also, Hubby and Will enjoyed bass fishing
with uncle and cousin. They had a great time! :-)
The men grilled out for supper
and we enjoyed a feast together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday supper was spent with the whole family
And it was such a blessing!



Tomorow will be our final day here, LORD willing,
as we plan to begin our travels, again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful,
and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow,
and is a discerner of the thoughts
and intents of the heart." ~ Hebrews 4:12

2 comments:

Madeleine said...

Your trip west sounds like such a blessing.

It will be rich with precious memories. Thank you for sharing and letting us see the joy!

Unknown said...

Hi Christina! I am trying to get caught up on blog reading. It sounds like you all are having a great time during your visit. Thanks so much for taking time out to meet with me and my hubby (and of course, the other ladies!:] ) last week. It was a blessing to get to know you in person.

Praying for continued safe travels for you all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails