Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Happy Birthday to Will

The years truly do fly by!
Today Will turned 9 years old!
Birthdays are so bittersweet...
Reminising when he was so tiny...
Remembering so many of his milestones...
Recalling so many fond memories...
Looking at photos... past and present...
Wondering when he got so big anyhow! ;o)
At the same time, looking forward to the days ahead...
wondering and anticipating
what the Lord will do in his life. {joyful sigh}
I do look forward to those days
though I deeply enjoy where we are now.

Yesterday, I gave Will a pre-birthday haircut.
We had let it grow out a little this summer
but there were many 'pros' in cutting it.
He was happy with the outcome...



Daddy called early this morning to wish his son
a very happy birthday! That thrilled him (and me)! ;o)

After our neighborhood Bible club,
we went to the local all-you-can-eat pizza place
for, of course, pizza (and their yummy cinnamon rolls).
Afterwards, we headed home for fellowship with friends.

Later in the afternoon,
we all gathered in the dining room to sing "Happy Birthday"
and share cake and ice cream...


After finishing up their treat,
Will opened his birthday gifts...


Lincoln Logs



Slingshot



Bugle!

Sound the battle cry!

LOL


We had a wonderful time!
And he was thrilled that his birthday was on a Wednesday
so we could be in God's house! ;o)


What a blessing Will is to our family!
Thank you, Lord, so much
for perfectly placing Will in our family.

Happy 9th Birthday, Will


"This is the day which the LORD hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it." ~ Psalm 118:24

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD:
and the fruit of the womb is his reward."
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man;
so are children of the youth."
~ Psalm 127:3,4


8 comments:

MyHubbysHelper said...

Happy Birthday Will!!!

Madeleine said...

Happy Birthday, young man!! May you bless Him all the days of your life!!

GREAT PICTURES, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Will. You are the same age as my boys and they love Lincoln Logs too. I love the picture of you with the bugle and your sister covering her ears! LOL
How wonderful to be able to talk to your dad!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Will! What a fine young man you are! You remind me of my little brother who had red hair! He is now a fine handsome man. I loved all your gifts. I bet you loved them too huh?

I have a son who is 9 but will be 10 in Dec.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL!!!
I can't see the pictures, but I'm sure mama will send a copy (e-mail). It sure was good to be able to talk to you on your birthday. I miss and LOVE you.

Happy Birthday and I Love you
Love,
Daddy

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Looks like you had a great day!
They sure do grow too fast just look at the most recent picture of your family boy have your kids grown.

Happy (belated) Birthday Will!

Enjoy your weekend!
~Amy

HsKubes said...

Thank you, ladies, for the birthday wishes. That was a real blessing to Will. ;o)

Amy ~ Yes, they sure do grow fast. I was just watching our dvd of family photos from last year. Wow... the time really does fly! May we really be enjoying the moments.


~ Christina

Christina said...

I haven't visited your blog in awhile. As we were praying for your family this morning I realized that your hubby should be home by now... so I read up on your blog and was so happy to see you all reunited!

I also was thinking about Will b/c I remembered that his bday was close to Noah's and Noah turned 9 last week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails