Friday, August 31, 2007

The Alamo Revisited...

As I was scurrying about the house,
cleaning here and there,
I noticed Will playing at the dining room table.
When I asked what he was playing,
he informed me that the castle was The Alamo
and how it was under attack.
Will loves history and can frequently be found
reading one of his favorite history books
for the umpteenth time.
Today it was The Alamo
and he was excited to play out this story
after giving me a little preface as to what was going on.
I just love hearing them tell me stories
and I was delighted to hear of his creative play...


The Alamo... the men at their stations...



Colonel James Bowie (the taller one in the pic)...



(l)William Travis (a.k.a. Buck) and (r)Austin
under the Colonel's command
(also, an unnamed captain in the center)...



General Santa Anna (president of Mexico)
and his army ready to attack...



Holding the fort... ready to defend...



The inevitable... Santa Anna enters the Alamo...


The rest is... well... history.





7 comments:

Dina said...

Isn't it great when our children play in such a creative way. Nice one Will.

~Bren~ said...

What a great history lesson...thanks Will!!!

Tracy said...

Christina,
I was THRILLED to see that you own Playmobil for your children. This is the ONLY toy (other than babies and such for the girls)that we have invested in. My children have sets from every time period from the knights to the vikings to the old west, to Victorian times, to the present. It does allow so much creativity! My children often act out history as well.
Have a blessed weekend!

David said...

hey there,
wow i'm glad you have this blog. it helps me keep up with others than just my family. when i call dad he just tells me whats goin on in our family, and the Church. but anyway looks like will was havin fun. i miss home and the Church and my church family.

i started my own blog not much to it yet but i'm workin on it.
Its http://theamazingloveofgod.blogspot.com anyway... ttyl

Madeleine said...

Awww! that great!

I am glad your love made it back okay, and I am so glad for the time you had together!

And if Samuel should ever "catch up" with Will. Look out!! He is an armymen fanatic. He also does war scenes all over the house. On any given day, you can see the civil war, or revolutionary war in action. Right here in our livingroom! We just got some revolutionary war armymen in Boston. He thinks he has hit the jackpot!! lol.

Have a good weekend! ~madeleine

Grafted Branch said...

Y'all must make the trip over and let him see the real thing! It's much smaller than you would think...smack in the center of busy downtown. And the giant model they've erected of the battle is pretty impressive too. As is his. ;)

HsKubes said...

Dina ~ Yes, it is great to see our children in creative play. I love it!

Bren ~ Will is always giving me history lessons. ;o)

Tracy ~ My children do enjoy the Playmobil toys, too. And I do love to see them acting out history! ;o)

Dave ~ Glad you stopped by. Next time we have a church fellowship, I'll be sure to post the photos so you can feel like you're at home. *Ü*
We look forward to checking in with you once in a while to see how school is going. You're in our prayers.

Madeleine ~ Will does enjoy his military men. ;o) He loves to reenact wars, too. Our home tends to be his battlefield. What a blessing it is to see, though. ;o)

Grafted Branch ~ We would love to take a trip to see the real thing. Hopefully one of these days. ;o)

~ Christina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails