Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday's Musings...

Today we began our 'offical' learning times
(a.k.a school).
It didn't exactly go as I had hoped or planned
but we made the most out of the day we had. ;o)
I had intentions of rising early in the morning
but poor Will was up at 5am getting sick in the bathroom
so once we made it back to the bed, sleep came fast.

Once we did wake up, however,
we were able to get breakfast finished, get dressed,
and begin our day together. ;o)

After breakfast, all of us sat at the table
for our Proverbs Time.
We chose verse 19 of chapter 10 to illustrate...


Here were theirs...


Afterwards, Ally went into her room
to work on her worldview and her chemistry.
Will and I stayed in the dining room to read history.
We began reading about Benjamin Franklin.
While reading one of his proverbs,
we came across a word we didn't know
and had fun looking it up in the dictionary...


Then Will copied the proverb...

"Every little makes a mickle"
Mickle, we learned, means much/great.

We, also, read from our Burgess Bird Book
about Jenny Wren and Petter Rabbit
and he colored a picture of a wren.

Later in the day, they were happy to play...

Here they had wrapped their toys in blankets
and then opened them up on the floor... fun! lol

Ally seized the opportunity to play the piano
as the younger ones played outside...


Today I was able to get a few loads of laundry done

and do the kitchen dishes from the weekend
(a load in the diswasher and many by hand), too. woo hoo!
All in all, it was a pretty productive day.

I hope y'all enjoyed your Monday, too. ;o)

7 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Will looks like he is feeling better. That is a blessing. Sounds like your first day actually went pretty well. We read a chapter in Little House in the Big Woods and talked about mercy. We are learning the 91st Psalm and taking our vocab words straight from there.

Paula said...

I hope Will is feeling better and that the "bug" doesn't spread throughout the house. That's certainly no fun!

Our school day started late, but we still accomplished the needful things. Tomorrow is another day! :)

Blessings,
Mrs. C

P.S.- My kids enjoyed the photo of the insect molt as they're studying that right now. ;)

Christie Belle said...

Just catching up a little since Thursday. Thanks again for coming over and for the sweet gift! We're looking forward to sourdough pizza on Saturday:) I'm glad you've gotten to talk to your sweetie several times this week. The pictures from the beach are absolutely gorgeous. Great photography work. It looks like y'all had a blast down at the park. I'm looking forward to cooler weather, this week has been a little warm still, but I think the weekend is supposed to be a little better:)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, dishes....we always have the same weekend mess too! We had two dishwasher loads. I was to lazy to do all the handwashing so just waited and let the dw do the work. Well....I wash the pots and pans.


I am glad Will is doing better and hopefully it's not contagious. Wow, you guys did so well with school today regardless. We sort of didn't do too much today. Tomorrow is a new day!

I'll email you back hopefully tomorrow.

Susan

Anonymous said...

EEEWWWWW~! I totally typed one of my mispelled pet peeve words!!!!!
I meant I was TOO lazy to wash the dishes. TOO as in too much...not as in "I am going TO the store." I can't believe I just did that.

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Glad you all had a good day and that Will was feeling better too.

Ewww having to hand wash is my least favorite thing to do ;)

Hope you have a good week.
~Amy

Unknown said...

Looks like a nice day! :-D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails