Saturday, September 22, 2007

Caramel Apple Pie...

With our upcoming revival,
the children and I are providing a meal
for the evangelist one of the evenings
and we wanted to be able to give him
some sort of dessert to go with his supper.
So I decided to make an apple pie...
this way we could give him a big slice
to go with his meal. ;o)

Ally and I sampled it this evening
to make sure it was worthy of giving away. ;o)
Ally, who claims to not like apple pie,
has determined that she, indeed,
likes it very much! lol

The only thing better, to me, would have been

a scoop of ice cream to go with it! Mmmm!
But it did pass the 'worthy to give away' test...





Caramel Apple Pie


2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 unbleached flour
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp cinnamon
8 cups sliced apples (about 7-8 medium apples)
2/3 cup caramel pieces


Mix sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon in bowl.
Stir in apples. Stir in caramel pieces.
Put into pie crust. Cover with top crust
and top with apple cut-outs. Brush with melted butter.
Cover with foil and bake at 425 for about 45 minutes.
Remove foil and bake about 10 minutes.


Enjoy!
It's even better with someone you love
(oh, and with a scoop of ice cream). ;o)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks so SO yummy! I'll be trying that recipe some day.

And I just had to laugh at the comment on the "experienced line makers"!!! TOO funny!

I taught school for 5 years, and that was one of the things I taught the first day or two of the year. (I usually lined them up by rows.) But you're right - why would homeschooler need to know that skill???? Well, except at airports and theme parks! LOL!

They looked fabulous - no matter how long it took to accomplish it. And what a great field trip! Did you learn any new pointers for your pizza night? :-)

Alesha

Tracy said...

That pie is GORGEOUS!!!

Kristi said...

Thanks for the recipe. This is a really beautiful pie. I love the top. On a traditional apple pie, like for Thanksgiving or Christmas, instead of covering the top, I cut out all kinds of seasonal cookie cuts and layer them around the pie. I just love to decorate my top crusts. Can't wait to try this onE!

~Kristi

debhmom3 said...

Oh, that sounds yummy! Hope he liked it. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminder of my longing for the days when I get to bake like crazy.... that apple pie looks so great!!

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

This pie sounds so wonderful! And the picture is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

~Amy

HsKubes said...

Alesha ~ Thank you. ;o)
It was an interesting experience getting them lined up. It occurred to me some time ago that they just really aren't experienced in making lines. lol But they do get a little practice now and then. ;o)
I did learn a new pointer, actually... I can't remember what the tool is called but they used a pokey rolling pin to get the air bubbles out of the dough so it won't create a giant bubble when it bakes. Great idea!

Tracy ~ Thank you. ;o)

Kristi ~ Thank you. What a great idea to match the cut outs with the holidays. I'm sure they're beautiful pies. ;o)

debhmom3 ~ Thank you. He said he did. Ally and I enjoyed it, too. ;o)

Tumbleweeds ~ Thank you... and you're welcome. ;o) Fall and winter and such great baking days!

Amy ~ Thank you. ;o)

~ Christina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails