Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday's Tidbits...

It was another beautiful autumn-like day!
The windows were the second thing
that were opened this morning...
our eyes were the first. ;o)

After eating breakfast and lounging about,
Will and I read aloud together for history...



Beth and Carolynne sat in the reading room
looking at photo albums together...



A little later, the younger ones and I
did a character/Bible lesson together...

We used one of
Kate's Mini-Manna for Little Lambs.

As the younger ones worked on their color page,
Ally was working away at Chemistry...


After our Bible lesson,
Beth and Carolynne helped me prepare lunch...

Nachos! (leftover taco meat on leftover taco shells) ;o)

Will worked on some copywork as he waited for lunch...

We have enjoyed finding Scripture
that correspond with Benjamin Franklin's sayings.
We have, also, enjoyed the critical thinking exercises
that we're getting from trying to figure out
what some of Benjamin Franklin's sayings mean. ;o)

Later in the afternoon, the children enjoyed
playing outside before we left

to go to Ally's chiropractor appointment...





Did I mention that we are loving this weather?! ;o)


After Ally's appointment, we went into Staples (fun!fun!)
to get copies of my home learning plan sheets
and I got a couple of e-books printed.

The children were more than ready for bed this evening,
though one of them was a little overtired.
After the younger ones were asleep,
Ally made up a two week menu for us
(using some of the things I had on our old one)
so we can, Lord willing, do our grocery shopping tomorrow.
She, also, baked a yummy carrot cake
with cream cheese frosting. The aroma was delicious!

Hope y'all are enjoying your week!


"And one cried unto another, and said,
Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts:
the whole earth is full of his glory."
~ Isaiah 6:3

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like a lovely life. Isn't the weather grand?

Unknown said...

What a wonderful kind of day! I can't wait until some of that Fallish weather reaches us down here! Actually today we did feel a little drop from mid 90 to high 80's, so that's a start!

I loved the photo of Ally with the stuffing on her head! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

In our home, each child has their own photo album. Each is filled with pictures of that child along with family, friends, camp, etc. They both enjoy pulling out their photo albums every now and again and looking at them.

And I really like carrot cake with cream cheese icing!! Yum!!!

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

What a great day you all had! I can see how your kids would be exhausted by the end of it ;)

The Nachos look YUMMY!

Have a wonderful day.
~Amy

Kristi said...

I must comment Ally...I am scared to death of the chiropractor. lol I probably should go with some problems I have, but I just can't make myself do it. lol

The nachos are a good idea. I'll have to remember that one. We love tacos around here and there's always leftovers. So that'll be a great lunch one afternoon!

~Kristi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails