Saturday, October 13, 2007

Week In Review...

It has been a busy week for us.
I have enjoyed my little bloggie break
and all our week entailed. ;o)

I thought I'd share a few photos
from throughout the week...

I thought this was cute
when I walked by the hall the other day...

Carolynne was pulling Beth through the house. lol
They sure did have a fun time!

They were, also, found this week
building a 'bridge' for their puppies...

This bridge consisted of puzzles, games, pillows,
a box, and many books from their shelf. lol
They were quite proud of their engineering skills. ;o)


Will enjoyed practicing his golf swing in the backyard...

...and, also, the cooler weather. Notice the jacket?? ;o)

In addition, he was found, often,
with his nose in a book...

It wasn't always this literal... lol...
but he did enjoy reading often.


Ally practiced her kitchen skills
by making breakfast one morning...

And successfully made a fried egg sandwich...
with the yolk still runny! A time of triumph for her. lol

She was, also, a little puzzled this week...

She was thrilled when she got this 500 piece puzzle finished!


One of the things I enjoyed this week,
was working on my new dress...

I lined the bodice and the skirt
so it was like making two dresses.
I still have to finish the hem this evening.
And I learned a valuable lesson...
don't gather the skirt on the sides only.
It doesn't lay quite as well. ;o) oh well

Here's a snapshot that Ally got of me trying it on...


Hope I don't look too grumpy there...
I was quite sleepy and debating whether to do the hem.
I voted for bed! ;o)



In addition to making the
castle and Renaissance lapbook,
we practiced our Renaissance greetings.
Here were Ally and Will practicing their curtsy and bow...

It was great fun!



One last thing before I close...
The other day Beth and Carolynne were playing a game.
This game has letter cubes.
It's purpose is to teaching reading skills, etc...
Here they were playing it...


Well, I was sitting on the couch, enjoying the moment,
when Beth declared, "Mommy, I have two eyes."
"Yes, Beth, you do have two eyes.", I responded,
knowing that she already knew she had two eyes...
She is, after all, 5 years old

but I thought I'd just humor her
by responding in agreement.

She, then, stood up, walked to me and said,
"No, Mommy, I have two eyes!"
This was her face...

LOL! Oh, she cracked me up.

She had to I's. LOL ... the humor of a 5 year old.
It's never a dull moment in our home!


This may be my last post for another few days or so.
Early Monday morning (before the sun rises, Lord willing),
we will be heading to our mini-vacation destination
and will be gone a few days.
I may try to post a hymn to share this evening
but am unsure if I'll be able to.
We'll be packing up the van this afternoon
so we'll be ready, come Monday.
The hotel we'll be in will have internet access,
so you just never know. ;o)

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend,
a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow,
and a very enjoyable week!



"I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever:
with my mouth will I make known
thy faithfulness to all generations."
~ Psalm 89:1



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We like to pull eachother around the house too! We mostly have carpet though so it doesn't happen too often
Amy

Sis. Julie said...

Have a wonderful trip Sis!! We'll look forward to hearing from you either during or after your trip. Enjoy yourselves!!

~Bren~ said...

What a wonderful time you all had last week. Your dress is beautiful. I am still in terror over making clothing. I was serious about hiring it out!! Let me know through my e-mail if you ever change your mind. I don't have any trouble with imperfections...only God is perfect. As a quilter I know that.

Anonymous said...

What a great week! Your dress is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

What a fun week. Enjoy your trip. Your dress is so pretty.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Looks like you all had a very fun week preparing for your trip! I love your dress very pretty, and I would be tired too after all that work ;).

My daughter Madison would love those Robe/PJ's that Ally is wearing she absolutely loves horses.

Hope you have a great week!
~Amy

Unknown said...

I just LOVED the two I's!! Great stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails