Monday, March 19, 2007

Homemaking Meme...



Just thought I'd take some time out from my busyness
to post my answers for a homemaking meme
that I've seen around blogsphere.
Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Aprons- Y/N? Not yet. After visiting Colonial Williamsburg, I realized how much I loved wearing an apron. Making one will be an upcoming sewing project.

Baking- Favorite thing to bake? Sourdough bread. I love the smell that fills the house!

Clothesline- Y/N? Not yet. Living on base, we can't have a 'normal' closeline, but I intend to put up a retractable one (which is currently waiting in my garage)

Donuts- Ever made them? Does making them at the bakery count? I worked, as an older teen, in a bakery but we mostly 'decorated' them. No homemade ones, yet. Though I would love to as soon as I get a donut pan.

Everyday- One homemaking thing you do everyday? Make the bed

Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freezer? Yes! My beloved allowed us to purchase one about 8 years ago. I am very thankful for it.

Garbage Disposal- Y/N? Yes.

Handbook- Y/N? Not anything I would call organized, but I love to make lists.

Ironing- Love it or hate it? I don't mind it, but pulling out the ironing board to do isn't the most fun thing to do.

Junk Drawer- Where is it? I confess... almost every drawer is my junk drawer

Kitchen- Design and decorating? nothing spectacular and no particular theme. Just a few things on the wall since I can't paint base housing walls.

Love- What is your favorite part of homemaking? Sitting back and admiring the 'finished product' after all the work

Mop- Y/N? Yes. Currently using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser mop, but have found that nothing works like doing it by hand. We have icky linoleum in base housing, which always looks dirty (even after mopping) so I've tried to lay rugs wherever possible.

Nylons- Wash them by hand or in the washer? Washer.

Oven- Do you use the window or open it to check? Both.

Pizza- What do you put on yours? Depends on the night. Bell peppers or buffalo chicken or cayenne pepper, hot sauce, and pepper jack cheese

Quiet- What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Those are almost non-existent here so when they happen, I stop everything and listen to the silence... really!

Recipe card box- Y/N? Yes. A white wooden box that I got somewhere when we were on recruiting duty

Style of house- currently a two story duplex... courtesy of Uncle Sam ;o)

Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N? Not currently (I could use a new tablecloth) and paper napkins, yes, but am now challenged to bring out the cloth ones.

Under the kitchen sink- cleaners, sponges, rags, garbage bags, flower vases, and ice cube trays

Vacuum- How many times a week? Depends on how much cereal falls on the floor. LOL. Almost everyday.

Wash- How many loads do you do a week? Probably around 10+

X’s- Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? Oh, yes! I love making lists. I will even make lists of the lists I need to make.

Yard- Who does what? Usually my beloved mows, but I'll be filling-in for him and doing the leaf blowing. Of course, the children can help pick the leaves up. Leaf piles and children go well together.

ZZZ’s- What is your last homemaking task for the day? Making sure there aren't any toys left out on the floor for somone to step on in the middle of the night.

If you read all of this,
please feel free to tag yourself and let me know.
I'm off to do more cleaning, organizing,
laundry, and scrubbing...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi..your new blog is so pretty! I was just letting you know that I did your tag and have posted it on my blog! Have a blessed day! ~Holly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails