Monday, January 21, 2008

Sew Busy Weekend...

This weekend and today,
I was able to spend some extra time sewing.
I was able to get two of my dresses finished,
which I am very thankful for.

Two of them (one I sewed a couple of weeks ago)
are the
Common Sense collar dress,
using some of the
fabric I picked up back in October...


This one I finished on Saturday.



This one was a couple of weeks ago.
(Glasses courtesy of Ally... lol)


The dress I was able to finish today
was with fabric that I've had stashed away
and I used a historical costume pattern
from Butterick (
pattern 3992)...


The sleeves are 3/4 length.

I like the bodice with the darts
but next time I will change the way I do the skirt,
and either do two long pieces (front and back)
or I may try a panel skirt,
instead of the one I used with the pattern.
Wearing it, I feel like I'm missing
the hoop skirt that should go underneath...
though I think it turned out fairly nice. ;o)


I'm not sure, yet, what projects I'll be doing next.
I have a few that I'm tossing around
(play dresses for the lil' girls, pjs for Will and lil' girls,
apron for a friend, maybe even a purse).
I just have to decide which to do first. ;o)

Hope y'all enjoyed your weekend.


"She seeketh wool, and flax,
and worketh willingly with her hands."
~ Proverbs 31:13

8 comments:

Mrs. Taft said...

Beautiful job on the dresses! I like the red one the best. :) The darts on the blue one ARE nice though. It's womanly without being um...immodest, and modest without being matronly.

I have so many sewing projects in my head, I don't even know where to begin.

Unknown said...

I love them all! How beautiful! I sure do need to get some sewing done. I have a jumper that has been sitting on the sewing table for months... (!)

Good job! :-D

Anonymous said...

I had a good laugh at the hand drawn red glasses you are wearing in that second picture.lol. I am happy to hear the arrival of your love is near... as I prepare for the depature of my own sweet dear(hey I just did a quick poem)

Anonymous said...

Wow, if you ever get tired of those dresses, send them my way - they are all very pretty!!! The first one is my favorite, but the glasses and shoes on the second one really make the outfit (just kidding), and the blue is very pretty on you. Yes, next time I'd like to see you in the hoop sitting in a pew at church. lol Who knows, you might start a trend. Have a good evening my friend.

Anonymous said...

Lovely work!!! I have used the middle print (red) in a quilt.

TamaraP.

~~Deby said...

love your dresses....
Deby

Anonymous said...

What cute dresses!
I just love dresses...
I wish that I could sew... I need to learn but have been putting off thinking that I don't have time.
I am determined to learn this year!

Have a blessed day! Ü

Unknown said...

You did a great job sewing your dresses.I like them all three.Your blog is lovely.God Bless You.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails