Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday's Musings...

I hope y'all had a good weekend
and a blessed Lord's Day. ;o)
Sunday morning the children's choir sang,
which is always a blessing...


They sang "The Windows of Heaven Are Open".

Sunday evening, Ally did an offeratory duet...

That was such a blessing to hear as well. ;o)

We had this common occurance after the evening service...

So sweet! She has always taken her sleep seriously
and has such a difficult time

waiting for that sweet slumber
when we are out past her bedtime. ;o)


Today, as I spent some time sewing,
the children had some learning time and some free time.
Ally and Will worked on Will's piano lesson...


Beth and Carolynne enjoyed coloring and drawing...


The younger ones were glad to play outside
for just a little bit, despite the very cold weather.
They were quite amused that the bird bath water
was a large icecube the shape of the bird bath...



It was a lovely day together.
We are beginning to look forward to warmer weather...
unless, of course, we get snow...
then the cold weather somehow becomes more tolerable. lol

Tomorrow we look forward to some more learning moments,
piano lessons out of the house,
and beginning, again, to prepare for Daddy's arrival
(though I cannot share the date). ;o)
We sure appreciate your continued prayers.

Hope y'all enjoy your week!


"For the word of the LORD is right;
and all his works are done in truth.
He loveth righteousness and judgment:
the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD."
~ Psalm 33:4-5


11 comments:

Mrs. Taft said...

Looks like you had a fun, full weekend!

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but do you use a specific curriculum for the violin and piano? Do your kids have any teachers? I, myself, find I can only go so far without a professional ear to hone in on the nuances I am missing in my performance. The best thing that music teachers did for me, though, was to correct my form. *I* thought I was doing it right, but it turns out I was heading for carpal tunnel syndrome LOL.

Anonymous said...

We are so excited to see the pending return of your hubby soon! How wonderful! We sing "The Windows of Heaven" at church quite a bit. Please take care and stay warm! I am very ready for warm weather. bbbrrrrr....We are praying for you guys. Hopefully we'll see you again someday.

In Christ,

Susan

Unknown said...

I was thinking about your hubby coming back just yesterday and wondering when it was going to happen. Glad to hear that it is impending soon. :-D

Just Melody said...

Glad to hear the coming home day will be soon. :) Those days seem to drag and go quickly at the same time for me.

RYC: We are supposed to be heading to Ft. Bragg NC in June, but dh has people who are requesting him back at Ft. Campbell KY. So I can honestly say, "I'm not sure". I am ok with either place. Each has its positive and negatives for both dh and for the whole family. I can share more in email if you like.

I wanted to say your girls always look so pretty and feminine. I like your new dresses. My favorite is the blue. It does look like it has a lot of skirt material. Its still pretty though.

Many blessings for you and yours
Melody

Mimi said...

I am praying that your hubby gets to come home this time...

I know how hard it has been looking forward to his return just to have it delayed...
you are doing very well keeping busy and fulfilled during his absence...
I think it is wonderful that the older ones help the younger ones with their piano practice...
Blessings,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, glad to hear the countdown to dh's return is nearing (again). I don't think I know "The Windows of Heaven Are Open" - I'll have to look it up on the internet and see if I can find it. Fun kiddo pictures - cute picture of Carolynne deeply meditating on the message - our youngest use to do that too, but then would begin to snore until I nudged her. It got smiles out of those nearby. Like our pastor use to say, "I don't mind if you fall asleep during the service, as long as you don't bring pillows - then I know it's premeditated." :) Blessings to You and Yours!

Anonymous said...

Happy Homecoming!!! I know what your heart is feeling...Mine has been through the same many times! Sweet church and precious children.

TamaraP.

Sharon said...

Hi there! How cold is it there? It's about 24 here today and they say it's going to get colder tomorrow. Take care, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Good morning :-) What precious children!!! Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you and your beloved and I know you are looking forward to his homecoming!!! God bless you dear friend!

Kate

Anonymous said...

Aww, what great pictures and such sweet faces!

I hope that you are having a blessed week!

Thinking of you and praying for your husband's safe arrival soon! Ü

Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Please come by my homeschool blog and check out something I am doing for my little girl's baby book and my journal. I'm asking all those who have prayed for me and my baby to post a comment simply stating what state (or country if it's a different country than the U.S.) that they live in. Please come by and see the details. I know you said you'd be praying for me and the baby so please stop by.

Here's the link the my homeschool blog:

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt

Take care,
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt
www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails