Friday, December 4, 2009

titus 2 challenge: are your children a blessing

During one of my brief visits on the computer today,
I was compelled to check my good friend's blog
(which she rarely posts on... but I'm always hopeful).
To my surprise, she did happen to have a recent post!

As I read her post, it saddened and warmed my heart
all at the same time.


For those that know me, it is usually easy to see (at least I hope)
that one of my greatest heartbeats is loving and enjoying my children.
I treasure and believe whole-heartedly when God declares,

"Lo, children are an heritage of YHVH:
and the fruit of the womb is His reward"
~ Psalm 127:3


How sad and tragic it is when young and older mamas alike
truly do not view their precious children as YHVH says they are.

All too often children are seen as being annoying,
burdensome, irritating, too much to 'handle', etc...

All too often, mamas can't wait until
their baby is six weeks old so they can go back to work,
or until school starts up so the children aren't home all day,
or until bedtime when they can have a 'peaceful' moment,
or even until their children are grown and out of the house,
and perhaps when their children have children so they can just
'give the child back to the parent' as a grandparent.


Why are these little souls not treasured?

Aside from sin and the loss of natural affection,
I believe that part of the problem lies in the older Titus 2 women.
(And we are all older Titus 2 women is some ways
and, in the least, we have the potential to be)


Isn't it interesting in Titus 2, verse 3
that the 'aged women' are commanded to

"...teach the young women to ... love their children"?


Wouldn't you think that loving our children would be 'natural'?

No, it really isn't. Loving self is our nature... our sin nature.


I join my friend in challenging you
to love your children, enjoy your children, treasure your children.

They are our blessed heritage and reward from YHVH Himself.


I also challenge you to become a Titus 2 woman
and challenge, encourage, and pray for other mamas
to love their children, to find joy in their children, and to treasure them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails