Monday, December 28, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... December 28, 2009


Outside my window...
the sun is brightly shining


I am thinking...
of how my heart was full when
I left the morning and evening services yesterday
and on those Truths that I heard
and what the Holy Spirit is wanting me
to learn and apply


I am thankful for...
how the Holy Spirit works
in the hearts of those that I love


I am wearing...
a dress with a floral, regency type bodice
with a mauve six-panel skirt


I am remembering...
"...faith cometh by hearing,
and hearing by the word of God."
~ Romans 10:17
That I need to faithfully stay in God's Word
so that my faith will be strong


I am going...
clean our home from the weekend;
work on lessons plans for our upcoming term;
make a list of reasonable goals for the upcoming year


I am reading...
through my KJ Bible in a year,
currently in Nehemiah, Galatians;
Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (with my eldest)


I am hoping (praying)...
for the Holy Spirit to continue His work
in the hearts of those I love


On my mind...
things to do this week


From the learning rooms...
on hold while Daddy is home
and Mama works on plans


Noticing that...
God is Faithful and Longsuffering
and I am thankful He
continues to open my eyes
and teach me


Pondering these words...
"Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
~ Proverbs 22:6
Evaluating how faithful and diligent
I have been in truly training and discipling my children



From the kitchen...
clean up is needed from the weekend's cooking
and the arrival of a new dishwasher is anticipated!

On the Menu...
M ~ Wet Burritos
T ~ Polish Alfredo
W ~ Creamy Wild Rice Soup
Th ~ Leftover turkey meal
F ~ Sourdough pizza


Around the house...
the younger children are playing a game together;
eldest is having quiet time in her room


I am creating...
a new square neck dress


I am hearing...
the children playing in the living room;


One of my favorite things...
to see how our children love the LORD


A few plans for the rest of the week...
give our home a blessing {cleaning};
spend time sewing and making lesson plans;
attend our midweek prayer service;
attend another local church's watch night service
on New Year's Eve; enjoy the extra time with
my beloved as he has a few days off!



Here is picture thought I am sharing...



This photo is from last night at church.
Every year we have an All Youth Night Service
where the youth in the church lead the service.
What a blessing to see all of these children
happily and boldly serving the LORD!
My heart was truly filled!
(I hope to share video soon!)

"Let no man despise thy youth;
but be thou an example of the believers,
in word, in conversation, in charity,
in spirit, in faith, in purity."
~ 1 Timothy 4:12








2 comments:

dtbrents said...

I enjoyed your daybook. Have a wonderful God filled week. Doylene

Patty said...

I always enjoy stopping by ~ your sweet spirit and love for Jesus and your family is a blessing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails