Friday, December 4, 2009

Teach me and I will hold my tonuge

Job 6:24 ~

"Teach me and I will hold my tongue:
and cause me to understand wherein I have erred."


As the children and I read this in the Scriptures this morning,
the Spirit caused it to stick out in my mind.

I thought to myself, how much more often
I need to be sure to humble myself,
be willing to hold my tongue
(hold it from complaining, rationalizing, arguing,
expressing my opinion, questioning, etc...),
and just listen quietly as Abba is trying to teach me.

Oh, how I need to listen humbly every day and all day.
How I need to invite His teaching and admonition,
His gentle, loving correction and guidance.


Thank you, Abba, for this reminder today.

I pray that I will ALWAYS have a teachable and humble spirit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails