Friday, December 14, 2007

Show and Tell Friday: Somethings Old, Somethings New...



It's been quite some time since I've been able
to participate with
Kelli's Show & Tell.
Since I made a stop at a couple of shops today,
I thought I would share a few of the things
that I was able to bring home. ;o)




(you can click to see larger)

a rocking chair pin cushion and spool holder;
a rolling pin rack; a cast iron cookbook holder;
a 1928 pocket-size copy of
Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island";
and a 1955 copy of Lousia May Alcott's
"Eight Cousins". ;o)
I look forward to using these new found treasures.
Ally is already using the cookbook holder this evening
as she bakes Snickdoodles for upcoming gifts. ;o)


Something else that I was able to bring home
were cement stepping stones
with the Marine Corps emblem on them...




The children have already been enjoying them. ;o)


Thanks for visiting!
Enjoy your weekend!


8 comments:

Ron and Ginny said...

Good deals! If you ever want to get rid of that cookbook rack, I will be glad to send you my address. :-D

Cindy said...

Your site is beautiful. I look forward to spending time reading here when our blizzard hits this weekend (NY) Your finds are wonderful. Enjoy using them.

Barbara H. said...

What wonderful treasures! Great finds!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Christina said...

What great finds!!! THanks for sharing!

Mrs. C said...

I have never seen stepping stones like those before. Your hubby is going to love them! :)
Blessings,
Mrs. C

Mrs. T said...

I have that EXACT edition of "Eight Cousins"! It's actually my favorite Alcott tale...

Daughter of the King said...

love it...all...
the stepping stones...wow...what a reminder...
great seeing everything at your wonderful blog.
Deby

HsKubes said...

Ginny ~ LOL. I'll keep that in mind. ;o)

Cindy ~ Thank you for your kind words and for visiting. I hope you are enjoying all of your snow. ;o)

Barbara ~ Thank you! I was excited and thankful. ;o)

Christina ~ Thank you. ;o)

Mrs. C ~ I had never seen stepping stones like that either. I was delighted to have found them and at a resonable price. ;o) I think my beloved will like them, too. ;o)

Mrs. T ~ How neat! I haven't read this, yet, but sure look forward to it. ;o)

Deby ~ Thank you. ;o)

~ Christina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails