Monday, September 21, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... September 21, 2009


Outside my window...

the sun is brightly shining
in a bright, blue sky


I am thinking...

about a thought/Truth from revival yesterday,
When we truly see God for Who He is,
we will see ourselves for who/what we truly are.
Oh, how we fall so short!


I am thankful for...

the Holy Spirit and all He does,
Jesus Christ for what He did,
God the Father for Who He is


From the learning rooms...
continuing on in our studies...

in History/Bible we continue through Joshua


From the kitchen...
a little blessing {cleaning} is needed from the weekend

On the Menu...
M ~ Wet burritos
T ~ Lentil Spaghetti
W ~ Homemade Chicken Soup
Th ~ Chicken and rice
F ~ Sourdough Pizza


I am wearing...
my new peachy, floral jumper with an olive green shirt


I am creating...
dresses for the little girls


I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,

currently in 2 King, Psalms, Romans;
A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George;
When Women Walk Alone by Cindi McMenamin;
For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn;
Won By One: A Workbook on Personal Soul Winning
by Clarence Sexton
Order in the Court by Sherry Hutson Camperson;
Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey;

(with a friend aloud) Parents and Children by Charlotte M Mason;


I am hoping (praying)...
my beloved as he continues to go through his weeks
of difficult training (physical and mental);
continuing to pray for the Lord to bring revival
to my heart,
to my husband's, children's,
and other family,
and to the churches and our nation;
for our church's revival services this week;

for my brother's father-in-law who discovered
he is in the last stages of stage 4 liver and lung cancer;
to have victory in implementing our new schedule;
to have victory in implementing our new budget;
that I will be humble and right before Him


I am hearing...

the children playing in the living room


One of my favorite things...
hearing the children play
(one day they will no longer be here)


A few plans for the rest of the week...

continue with our homeschool lessons;
take our eldest to the chiropractor;
go to revival each night till Wednesday;
violin master's meeting for our 6 year old;
enjoy the blessings of living


Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me." ~ Psalm 51:10

I've shared that one before but it is a verse that I am
meditating on this week as we have our revival services.





3 comments:

dtbrents said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us. You are a wonderful Christian woman. May God bless you. Doylene

Love Bears All Things said...

I enjoyed my visit here and a glimpse into your week to come. You sure have a long reading list. Sounds interesting but how do you decided which one to read at any given time or do you read some in each book on a certain day of the week.
Mama Bear

HsKubes said...

Doylene ~ Thank you for your very kind words. They were a blessing. I pray your visit here brought glory to HIM.

Mama Bear ~ I do keep a long reading list. I enjoy reading about a variety of topics at the same time. I keep a basket with the all of the books I'm reading and will grab which ever I'm inclined to read at the time. I tend to take the smaller books with me, too, when I have to go to appointments and such. I, also, keep one to three of them by my bed for those occasional nights I'm able to read before going to sleep. I do sometimes favor one, particular, book over another and read it more frequently but I like to keep a variety going. Hope that helps. ;o)

~ Christina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails