Sunday, September 20, 2009

Revival...


Charles C. Todd and His Family, Praying in the Morning Before Breakfast
by Wallace Kirkland


Revival is a renewed conviction of sin and repentance,
followed by an intense desire to live in obedience to God.
It is giving up one's will to God in deep humility.
- Charles Finney


A spiritual awakening is no more than
God's people seeing God in His holiness,
turning from their wicked ways,
and being transformed into His likeness.
- Lewis Drummond


Oh! men and brethren, what would this heart feel
if I could but believe that there were some among you
who would go home and pray for a revival -
men whose faith is large enough,
and their love fiery enough to lead them from this moment
to exercise unceasing intercessions that God would
appear among us and do wondrous things here,
as in the times of former generations.
- C.H. Spurgeon


"Let us search and try our ways,
and turn again to the LORD."
Lamentations 3:40

"Search me, O God, and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting."
~ Psalm 139:23-24


2 comments:

PlainJane said...

AMEN! Really neat photo - just think if all our families were like that.

Have a blessed day!!!

HsKubes said...

Jane ~ I just LOVED this photo when I came across it online. What a blessing it would be if more families were like this! Imagine the power of God that would be working in our families, in our churches, in our communities, in our country... Wow! We really need to pray for revival in our families.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails