Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Arrival of Autumn!

It's the first day of fall! I welcome it with open arms.
Autumn is like having a long missed friend return.




I love fall! Fall is exciting.
It's apples and cider. It's an airborne spider.
It's pumpkins in bins. It's burrs on dog's chins.
It's wind blowing leaves. It's chilly red knees.
It's nuts on the ground. It's a crisp dry sound.
It's green leaves turning And the smell of them burning.
It's clouds in the sky. It's fall. That's why...
I love fall.
~Author Unknown





"Come said the wind to the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows and we will play.

Put on your dresses scarlet and gold,

For summer is gone and the days grow cold."

- A Children's Song of the 1880's






"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious
as autumn sunshine by staying in the house.
So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air."
~ Nathaniel Hawthorne





When the trees their summer splendor
Change to raiment red and gold,
When the summer moon turns mellow,
And the nights are getting cold;
When the squirrels hide their acorns,
And the woodchucks disappear;
Then we know that it is autumn,
Loveliest season of the year.
~ Charlotte L. Riser






"And he changeth the times and the seasons..."
~ Daniel 2:21



6 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

I love the picture of the rocking chair in the leaves. Did you take that?!

Kristy... said...

I wish I could be a LITTLE More excited about falls first day. its VERY warm here.. we have the air on.. BUT, I did manage to get my fall stuff up the other day when it WAS fallish out...

Love the Rocker pic!!!!

Mrs. Taft said...

I love that wreath! Did you make it?

Tori Leslie said...

LOVE IT!!
Fall is my favorite time of year. Enjoy!

HsKubes said...

Thank you, ladies.

Elizabeth ~ Yes, I did take that photo. That was a rocking chair that I got from my gramma.

Mrs. Taft ~ No, unfortuneately, I did not make the wreath. I haven't ventured out into being crafty, yet. ;o) I think I found it at Michael's last year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails