Monday, August 31, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... August 31, 2009


Outside my window...

the gray sky alludes to a cooler day


I am thinking...
a visiting preacher's sermon about
"If it weren't for the LORD..."
What great things He has done!


I am thankful for...
the blood of Jesus Christ
that cleanses me from sin and
saves me from an eternity in Hell


From the learning rooms...

finishing our study in Numbers and Deuteronomy

and pickng up with a few of our subjects
for the new school year while continuing
to (try to) implement our new schedule


From the kitchen...
dishes wait to be cleaned
and the coffee pot is giving off an aroma
that is inviting me to pour myself a cup

On the Menu...
... a new one needs to be made this morning



I am wearing...
dark brown, paisley square neck dress


I am creating...
dresses for the lil' girls...
from "scraps" from the closet


I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,

currently in 1 King, Psalms, Romans;
A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George;
Reforming Marriage by Douglas Phillips;

When Women Walk Alone by Cindi McMenamin;
Won By One: A Workbook on Personal Soul Winning
by Clarence Sexton
Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey;
(with a friend aloud) Home Education by Charlotte M Mason;


I am hoping (praying)...

for the Lord to bring revival to my heart,

to my husband's, children's, and other family,
and to the churches and our nation;
to have victory in implementing our new schedule;
to have victory in implementing our new budget;
that I will be humble and right before Him


I am hearing...
Carolynne drawing at the table,
Will sniffling from the reading room (allergies),
and movement noises from the monitor


One of my favorite things...
reading the Living Word of God


A few plans for the rest of the week...
go to the commisary; homeschool;
mail the items I sold on Ebay;
attend our midweek prayer and Bible service;
try to eat healthier and exercise more;
go to our homeschool park day; enjoy daily life


Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it."
~ Psalm 119:140

What a precious Book!




1 comment:

PlainJane said...

There is no greater possession than a well-worn Bible. I LOVE my Bible too! We left on a little vacation last Sunday morning and missed church + the blaring "music" at the waterpark for 3 days - now this week I need to deprogram myself and all's I want to hear is beautiful hymns. Hope you are having a good week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails