Monday, August 24, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... August 24, 2009


Outside my window...

the sun is brightly shining


I am thinking...
about Pastor's message on willful sin


I am thankful for...
the blood of Jesus Christ
that cleanses me from sin


From the learning rooms...

continuing with our study in the Old Testament

and beginning a few of our subjects
for the new school year while continuing
to implement our new schedule


From the kitchen...
the counters and sinks are clean
and the coffee pot is inticing me to have a cup

On the Menu...
M ~ Wet Burritos
T ~ Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
W ~ Shepherd's Pie
Th ~ Chicken spaghetti
F ~Sourdough Pizza


I am wearing...
peach, floral printed, square neck dress


I am creating...
a new dress for myself
and four dresses for the lil' girls...
all from "scraps" from the closet


I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,

currently in 1 King, Psalms, Romans;
A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George;
Reforming Marriage by Douglas Phillips;

When Women Walk Alone by Cindi McMenamin;
Won By One: A Workbook on Personal Soul Winning
by Clarence Sexton
Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey;
(with a friend aloud) Home Education by Charlotte M Mason;
reading aloud "Summer With the Moodys" by Sarah Maxwell


I am hoping (praying)...

for the Lord to bring revival to my heart,

to my family, to the churches, to our nation;
to have victory in implementing our new schedule;
that I will be humble and right before Him


I am hearing...
noises from the monitor
and Beth playing at the table


One of my favorite things...
singing to and about my Creator and Saviour


A few plans for the rest of the week...
homeschool, visit with an elderly lady from church
and put up wallpaper and do other tasks for her;
go to the dentist for all of our appointments;
attend our midweek prayer and Bible service;
try to eat healthier and exercise more; enjoy daily life


Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Oh, may we not allow sin to dwell in us!
May we be quick to confess it and turn from it,
that we not break fellowship with our LORD.
What a blessed promise that IF we confess our sin,
He WILL forgive us! Oh, what joy!

"I acknowledged my sin unto thee,
and mine iniquity have I not hid.
I said, I will confess my transgressions
unto the LORD; and thou forgavest
the iniquity of my sin. Selah." ~ Psalm 32:5





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails