Monday, August 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... August 17, 2009


Outside my window...

it's a clear day and the sun is brightly shining


I am thinking...
about what we'll be doing today


I am thankful for...
the Holy Spirit Who is growing me,
helping me, changing me


From the learning rooms...

continuing with our study in the Old Testament

and, perhaps, beginning some of our subjects
for the new school year while implementing
our new schedule (gasp!)


From the kitchen...
the counters and sinks are clean
from this morning's chore time

On the Menu...
M ~ Penne Rigate Bake
T ~ Tacos
W ~ Green Bean Casserole Deluxe
Th ~ Chicken and stuffing
F ~Sourdough Pizza


I am wearing...
lavender square neck dress with pink trim


I am creating...
nothing currently

but hope to sew something this week



I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,

currently in 1 King, Psalms, Acts;
The Encyclopedia of Country Living by Carla Emery;
A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George;
Reforming Marriage by Douglas Phillips;

When Women Walk Alone by Cindi McMenamin;
Won By One: A Workbook on Personal Soul Winning
by Clarence Sexton
Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey;
(with a friend aloud) Home Education by Charlotte M Mason;
reading aloud "Summer With the Moodys" by Sarah Maxwell


I am hoping (praying)...

for the Lord to bring revival to my heart,

to my family, to the churches, to our nation;
to have victory in implementing our new schedule


I am hearing...
Chopin playing in the kitchen
and the children finishing their Bible illustrations


One of my favorite things...
teaching my children at home


A few plans for the rest of the week...
implement our new schedule;
mail my Mama's birthday package;
attend our midweek Bible service;
go to our homeschool park day;
enjoy daily life


Here is picture thought I am sharing...
no time to prepare a picture thought this morning.
Perhaps I'll be able to share one later.


But here is a verse we are memorizing, meditating on,
and focusing on practicing this week:
"Let all things be done decently and in order."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40




2 comments:

PlainJane said...

Oh, that's nice -- to read Charlotte Mason with a friend. Have a great week!

HsKubes said...

Jane ~ Yes, we are enjoying it. It can be challenging, though, with so many run on sentences that Charlotte liked to use. ;o) But it is delightful and inspiring!

~ Christina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails