Thursday, August 20, 2009

Haven at Home Happenings...

It's been a full week as we've been working
to implement our new schedule.
We've had successes and failures, and that's okay. ;o)
We're adapting where needed so that we can aim
to make the most out of the time that is given to us.

Here are a few photos from our week...


Will aiming his new cap guns that he bought
with some of his birthday money


Dressing up with a friend


I love this t-shirt! ;o)
And he wears it proudly!



Will and Daddy began a read aloud together this week
and the girls enjoyed listening in. ;o)



Will working on a character study about Korah
and a topical study about murmuring.

Ally making chocolate mint swirl cookies



The lil' girls having a sing along together.
Here they were singing "If You're Saved and You Know It..."



With implementing our schedule,
the children and I have been going on daily walks together
(Suzie, too, finds this time a delight!).

I have found that walking with the children is real exercise for me,
as they like to RUN, not walk, and I have to keep up. ;o)



A few finds from creation this week...


An exoskeleton from a cicada


A katydid (a.k.a. leafy bug)

It's been a delightful week as we've been aiming to redeem our time.
I hope y'all have had a good week, as well. ;o)

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

My kids love those cicada exoskeletons. Sometimes they'll bring them indoors. Yuck!

Anonymous said...

They are yuck!! insects,but kid love them..
Who is that masked man???I use to love playing cowboys..
I love the pics..and Thank you all for the wonderful Birthday gifts, Great b-day cards..Love and miss you all so very much
Love Mom

michelle said...

I have always wondered just what it was that katy did! LOl! Sorry but I HAD to say that. Lovely post.

Anonymous said...

I always end up with "bug" photos. I don't like bugs, and sometimes have to use the zoom feature as far as it will go so I don't have to get close, but my kids LOVE them. Looks like your's do too. :-D

Those cookies Ally was making look yummy!!!

Frances

PlainJane said...

Love all your photos and your Happenings posts. Okay, so I have to ask about Will's character & topical study -- is that from the SOW ideas or do you have a new study? I like how Korah & murmuring go together - so perfect.

I saw on your schedule the walks/runs, lol. And a nature study all wrapped into one. I don't know if we have any katydids here in MN - oh, we must. Now I'll have to look it up. Thankfully my girls aren't that into bugs - unfortunately the cats make up for it with leaving me all kinds of "nature" on the front porch.

Nikki said...

Will reminds me of my son. He loves guns and plays with them quite a lot. I guess they are ALL BOY!!

Tori Leslie said...

You life seems so sweet.

I loved collecting those cicada exoskeletons when I was a kid. I had a huge jar full. Haven't seen one in years though, like 20!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails