Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ March 2, 2010




For today... Tuesday, March 2, 2010


Outside my window...
the sun is hiding behind the gray and cloudy sky
as the rain is pouring down


I am thinking...
of how Wonderful my LORD JEHOVAH is!


I am thankful for...
a Heavenly Father that cares,
hears, and answers prayer


I am wearing...
jean button-up jumper
and a black long sleeve shirt


I am remembering...
how a holy and loving Savior
redeemed me
and what He saved me from


I am going...
to enjoy a rainy afternoon at home


I am reading...
through my KJ Bible in a year,
{I fell behind last year so I am doing this in a year and a half}
currently in Job, Titus;
our A to Z Mentoring printouts from church
(finished 'E', The Eternal Word)
Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (with my eldest);
Created to Be His Helpmeet (by Debi Pearl);
A Hunger for God by John Piper


I am hoping (praying)...
for the Holy Spirit to continue
His wonderful working;
for wisdom in upcoming decisions
regarding our move


On my mind...
my Savior's amazing
and unfailing love


From the learning rooms...
pressing on with our studies...
finished the book of John for Bible
and beginning the book of Mark;
book of Judges for history;
studying Ancient Greece
using miscellaneous resources;
phonics, language arts, math,
science/nature study, character,
manners, etc...
and beginning a new read aloud:
Stick to the Raft by Mrs. George Gladstone


Noticing that...
'real life' happens
and that when I make the most
out of the time that I DO have,
what a blessing it is!


Pondering these words...
{as the children and I are learning, talking about,
and practicing how to eat foods we do not like}

" But I keep under my body,
and bring it into subjection
..."
~ 1 Corinthians 9:27a


From the kitchen...
clean dishes wait to be put away;

On the menu...
M ~ Wet burritos
T ~ Chicken Pot Pie (& cheese dip!)
W ~ Rigate Bake
Th ~ Philly Cheese Steaks
F ~ Sourdough pizza


Around the house...
the children are enjoying
a snack together
while looking at books


I am creating...
a skirt from a dress,
for Beth


I am hearing...
the heater blowing
and the children talking


One of my favorite things...
spending cozy days at home
with my children


A few plans for the rest of the week...
work on our homeschool lessons;
go to dentist appointments;
enjoy an out-of-town lunch;
begin mapping a travel plan;
go to Beth's violin lesson;
clean the church; enjoy the comforts of home!



Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"Call unto me, and I will answer thee,
and shew thee great and mighty things,
which thou knowest not"

~ Jeremiah 33:3

What an amazing Truth!
Sitting here thinking how He recently
proved this Truth when our eldest called on HIM.
What a Wonderful and Mighty God is He!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoying reading before I go to dialysis this morning..your written words are so encourging..and I thank the Lord for you Christina..
Love to U..
Mom

Lindsey said...

I also just finished up reading the book of John in my Bible reading and started in Mark late last week -- what a coincidence! What wonderful books, telling the story of our precious Lord's miraculous ministry! ;-) Blessings for a wonderful week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails