Saturday, March 27, 2010

Haven at Home Happenings... Growing in Grace...

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves
to think any thing as of ourselves;
but our sufficiency is of God;"
~ 2 Corinthians 3:5


I've been thinking on how thankful I am
that my sufficiency, my ability, is from and in the great I AM.

What peace and rest is mine, knowing the Living GOD,
the very One Who created and loves me, is able...
Able to do anything, to accomplish His perfect will.


I have been learning more and more of how to 'let go' and let GOD.
I've been on the great roller coaster of life,
speeding through the ups and downs, the joys and fears,
yet secured and resting in HIS loving hand.

Our week seemed to pass slowly,
yet quickly at the same time.

Amongst the busyness of the week,
we enjoyed some special fellowship.
Earlier in the week, friends spent the day with us,
as the mamas fellowshipped and looked over homeschooling things
and the children played and did seatwork together...


They delighted in their "one room schoolhouse" with friends!


Early on in the week, I was able to finish up Ally's transcripts.
They were folded into her college application paperwork
and stuffed into the mailbox, smothered in prayer.
It was a bittersweet, and seemingly long, walk
as this mama made her way to and from the mailbox.
sigh... the roller coaster of life, you know.


The Lord blessed us with beautiful spring weather this week.
A little mishap with Suzie, resulting in a trip to the groomers,
provided the opportunity for me to pick up
some 'new' lace curtains from a local thrift shop.
I washed them eagerly when we got home
and couldn't wait to hang them up, windows wide open,
watching those freshly washed lace curtains blow in the breeze!
It was no small delight. ;o)

The children had their delights in the beautiful weather, too...



As did Suzie with her new 'do'...




Thursday morning was spent in the kitchen,
wearing an apron and a smile, as I was, what seemed to be,
up to my elbows in potato salad, as I prepared it in bulk
for my beloved's promotion party the following day.

We picked Ally up from work in the afternoon,
rejoicing with her in her first very own paycheck
that she was able to tithe with and put into savings
for her upcoming college expenses.

We all enjoyed the afternoon together,
going to Beth's violin lessons and cleaning the church house.


Friday morning, after dropping Ally off at work,
reminding her to "Let her light so shine before men,
that they may see her good works,
and glorify her Father which is in heaven."
{Matthew 5:16},
the younger children and I returned home
anticipating the arrival of many guests,
as we were hosting a 'sewing bee'
with the ladies from church.

The children enjoyed their lunch out-of-doors...



After the ladies enjoyed a lunch
of sandwiches, salad, and soup,
we gathered at the table
for a time of fellowship and sewing,
while the children enjoyed their time
of fellowship and play.

It was such a joy to spend the afternoon
working with our hands,
edifying one another.
What a blessing fellowship
with believers can be!

After most of the ladies departed,
a friend and I enjoyed some alone time together
as we went to pick Ally up for work.
It was a special time, again,
of encouraging and edifying one another
as we shared some of our trials
and how the LORD was working
in the situations... and in our hearts.

As we sat, waiting for Ally,
I quietly watched through the window
at our baby girl, with a big smile on her face,
accomplishing the work she needed to do
before she could leave.

My heart was rejoicing... and longing.
I missed her... but was proud of her.
I was afraid... but heard HIM, again...
"... Be not afraid, only believe." {Mark 5:36}

And I said, again, in my heart
"Lord, I believe;
help thou mine unbelief." {Mark 9:24}

How could I not smile?
In HIM is such blessed assurance.
HE reminds me
that even in a worst-cast scenario,
He is still the Living God.
HE loves them more than I could.
HE is orchestrating His perfect will.


"For it is God which worketh in you
both to will and to do
of his good pleasure."
~ Philippians 2:13

And He wraps me in His sufficient
and loving grace.


"And he said unto me,
My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness."
~ 2 Corinthians 12:9


I've seen His grace.
I will see it.
I see it now.


"Who, when he came,
and had seen the grace of God,
was glad, and exhorted them all,
that with purpose of heart
they would cleave unto the Lord."
~ Acts 11:23

I am glad...
And with purpose of heart,
I will cleave
unto the Lord.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today's post absolutely touched my heart! :-) God bless!!! Kate

PlainJane said...

Wonderful words Christina.
Sharing tears and a (hug). My days are fast approaching as well as Amber studying her drivers ed. I wish I could back the clock up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails