Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ March 9, 2010




For today... March 9, 2010


Outside my window...
the sun is brightly shining,
promising for a beautiful day!


I am thinking...
how the Living God
is in control of all


I am thankful for...
the grace and strength
that only God can give
as we're releasing an arrow


I am wearing...
blue jean jumper
with a long sleeve tee


I am remembering...
that "...all things work together for good
to them that love God,
to them who are the called
according to his purpose
."
{Romans 8:28}


I am going...
to smile,
and, in faith, let go
and let God


I am reading...
through my KJ Bible in a year,
{I fell behind last year so I am doing this in a year and a half}
currently in Job, Titus;
our A to Z Mentoring printouts from church
(working on 'F', The Family)
Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss;
Created to Be His Helpmeet (by Debi Pearl);
A Hunger for God by John Piper


I am hoping (praying)...
for the Holy Spirit to work His perfect will
in our eldest's life
and for His protection over her,
especially as she begins venturing out
into the world with a new temporary job
(the releasing of our arrow)
to help save for college;
for the LORD to help me
(to give me grace, strength, faith)
during so many recent changes.


On my mind...
how the King of kings,
Lord of lords,
the Creator of all
loves and thinks of me


From the learning rooms...
pressing on with our studies...
in the book of John for Bible;
book of Judges for history;
studying Ancient Greece;
and various things in other subjects


Noticing that...
the LORD is good, merciful,
longsuffering and full of grace...
giving us just what we need
exactly when we need it.


Pondering these words...
"hou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee.
"
~ Isaiah 26:3


From the kitchen...
a few dishes need to be washed

On the menu...
M ~ Tacos
T ~ Lasagna
W ~ Loaded potato soup
Th ~ Stir fry
F ~ Sourdough pizza


Around the house...
the windows are open
and we're enjoying the spring air!


I am creating...
a skirt from a dress,
for Beth


I am hearing...
FBN playing in the background
and the children playing outside


One of my favorite things...
seeing how the LORD works


A few plans for the rest of the week...
work on our homeschool lessons;
take our eldest to work; clean the church;
take Beth to violin lessons;
enjoy a day at the park




Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Remembering that I need to be diligent
in answering God's call!







1 comment:

Patty said...

May God bless your daughter in her new job. It is hard to send our young ones out in the world ~ but God is ever present with them just as He is with us.

The mention of potato soup has me thinking of getting out my recipe. It's been a while since we've had this.

Have a blessed day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails