Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mama's Jean Jumper...

I was able to complete this jumper yesterday,
after spending a few weeks on it (on & off).
It wasn't a difficult pattern,
I just lacked the time to sit and sew.

I used a my pullover jumper pattern...
lined bodice, darts, gathered skirt, deep pockets,
and I added to the seam allowance in the front
so I could add the buttons.



Buttons aren't so bad,
now that I've been sewing them with the machine.
(special thanks to my pastor's wife, who gave me this wonderful suggestion!)
I look forward to getting a lot of use
out of this very practical (and comfortable) jumper. ;o)



"She seeketh wool, and flax,
and worketh willingly with her hands."
~ Proverbs 31:13



10 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like one that will be a "favorite"! :o) Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Looks fantastic - comfy and cute! Job well done mama!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Nice jumper. I finally have a machine with a simple buttonholer and yet to use it! LOL!

Lindsey said...

Very cute! I have a few jumpers myself that I just love! They are indeed very comfy and very practical. Lovely job on this! :-)

Heather B. said...

Very nice! Looks so comfortable:)

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Christina!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Wow! Great job! Looks comfy! :D

Susan said...

You made so many changes - so brave! Looks like you'll get lots of comfy wear out of it!

Unknown said...

I really love this jumper, mom! Where's mine?? JK! I think it looks very nice on you and fits you well. BTW, I'm really enjoying listening to you as you're practicing piano! I know it gets tough, but keep up the good work and you'll be a 'great proficient' ;).
Love ya!
~Ally

PlainJane said...

Oh, what a sweet comment above. :) Very nice jean jumper Christina. I love deep pockets. Amber wants a jean jumper too - I keep looking on line for one that has good pockets, but I need to keep looking. I should bring my sewing machine over to your house for some lessons. Maybe you can help me find the automatic button that does all the work for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails