Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... March 16, 2010


Outside my window...
the sky is gray and cloudy


I am thinking...
how Christ's grace is sufficient


I am thankful for...
hugs and 'sugars'
from my children


I am wearing...
blue jean jumper
with a black, long sleeve tee


I am remembering...
how Christ's grace abounds
to the chiefest of sinners


I am going...
to keep my eyes on Jesus


I am reading...
through my KJ Bible in a year,
{I fell behind last year so I am doing this in a year and a half}
currently in Isaiah, Hebrews;
our A to Z Mentoring printouts from church
(finished 'F', The Family)
Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss;
Created to Be His Helpmeet (by Debi Pearl);
A Hunger for God by John Piper


I am hoping (praying)...
for the Holy Spirit to work His perfect will
in our eldest's life
and for His protection over her,
for His will and help in our upcoming move
and all of the details involved.


On my mind...
praise that my God
is the LORD JEHOVAH,
the Living God


From the learning rooms...
pressing on with our studies...
in the book of John for Bible;
book of Judges for history;
studying Ancient Greece;
and various things in other subjects


Noticing that...
the LORD is good, merciful,
longsuffering and full of grace...
giving us just what we need
exactly when we need it.


Pondering these words...
"Fear of the unknown is conquered
by faith in the Unseen."
~ author unknown to me


From the kitchen...
sink is shiny and counters are clean

On the menu...
*new menu needs to be made*


Around the house...
the lil' girls are coloring together
and Will is getting some extra sleep


I am creating...
nothing, at present,
but hope to get started on
a skirt from a dress, for Beth
and, possibly, a new dress for me


I am hearing...
the heater blowing
and the girls talking as they color


One of my favorite things...
hugs and sugars from my children
(no matter what their age!)


A few plans for the rest of the week...
work on our homeschool lessons;
take our eldest to work; clean the church;
go to our midweek prayer and Bible study;
take Beth to violin lessons; go grocery shopping;
enjoy a day at the park


Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"And he said unto me, my grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness:.
Most gladly therefore will I rather
glory in mine infirmities,
that the power of Christ
may rest upon me."
~ 2 Corinthians 12:19

Praising Jesus Christ
for His all-sufficient grace!








1 comment:

Patty said...

2 Corinthians 12:19 ~ What a wonderful verse to share. May the Lord bless you and keep you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails