Monday, March 29, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ March 29, 2010




For today... March 29, 2010


Outside my window...
the sky is darkened and cloudy,
as rain is falling down


I am thinking...
how the Creator and King of kings
left His home in Heaven
to come to Earth, to die for me...
because He loved me that much


I am thankful for...
the Perfect Sacrifice in Jesus Christ,
that, through HIM, I am saved from hell
and free from sin


I am wearing...
a burgundy, checkered jumper
with a long sleeve shirt


I am remembering...
the pain, the agony, the humiliation
that Jesus Christ went through
to purge me from my sin


I am going...
to strive to love HIM more
and to do my best for HIM


I am reading...
through my KJ Bible in a year,
{I fell behind last year so I am doing this in a year and a half}
currently in Isaiah, Hebrews;
our A to Z Mentoring printouts from church
(working on"G", God)
Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss;
Created to Be His Helpmeet (by Debi Pearl);
A Hunger for God by John Piper
A Family Guide to the Biblical Holidays by Robin Sampson & Linda Pierce


I am hoping (praying)...
for the Holy Spirit to work His perfect will
in our eldest's life
and for His protection over her,
for His will and help in our upcoming move
and all of the details involved;
that believers and non-believers
will see Jesus Christ, see God, as He is
and be moved to repentance...
praying for revival


On my mind...
How Jesus Christ paid a debt He did not owe
and a debt I could not pay...
that through His blood,
I am forgiven, restored, and free!


From the learning rooms...
focusing on the passover
of the Old and New Testament;
book of Judges for history;
studying Ancient Greece;
and various things in other subjects


Noticing that...
we can not understand fully
the depth of what Jesus Christ did for us,
and still does


Pondering these words...
"Let this mind be in you,
which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God,
thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation,
and took upon him the form of a servant,
and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man,
he humbled himself,
and became obedient unto death,
even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him,
and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus
every knee should bow, of things in heaven,
and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father."
~ Philippians 2:5-11


From the kitchen...
dishes await to be done from the weekend

On the menu...
M ~ Italian pasta
T ~ Homemade chicken pot pie
W ~ Shepherd's Pie
Th ~ Stir fry and rice
F ~ Sourdough Pizza


Around the house...
all is quiet
as Daddy and eldest are at work
and the younger ones are sleeping


I am creating...
a new jumper,
brown with floral print


I am hearing...
the rain fall outside my window
and quiet noises from the baby monitor


One of my favorite things...
enjoying quiet time in the morning
with my Creator, Saviour, and Friend


A few plans for the rest of the week...
work on our homeschool lessons; sew;
celebrate Passover; clean the church house;
pick up our eldest from work;
attempt to declutter and prepare
for our upcoming move (approaching fast!);
go to our midweek prayer and Bible study;
take Beth to violin lessons; go grocery shopping;
enjoy a day at the park


Here is picture thought I am sharing...



"But God commendeth his love toward us,
in that, while we were yet sinners,
Christ died for us."
~ Romans 5:8

May we grasp a hold of what He did for us.
May it change us...
who we are, the way we live...
May we strive to love Him more...
to obey Him.
May we tell others of His great love for them.







7 comments:

Homegrown Family said...

I loved your Daybook. I hope you have a blessed week.

Erika @ Homegrown Family

Donna said...

I enjoyed your daybook today, and I love the background music~so uplifting!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Christina, what a blessing this post was to me this morning and just love the music in the background. Made me think that my Daybook posting was just way too shallow. Yours just had such depth. Abundant blessings to you and your family this Easter week! I'll be back!

Patty said...

For all He had done ~ aren't we grateful! I hope you and your family have a blessed week in the Lord.

The Fischer Family said...

Wow! Your Daybook really touched me today! It gives me strength to get through the rest of the day! Thanks so much for sharing! (And thank you for the beautiful music in the background! So uplifting!)

Linda said...

Love your Daybook-what a blessing. I am so glad I have come across this!

Judy said...

Christina, What a blessing to read your post! I saw your link at the SWD site, & thought I would visit. So glad that I did! I love your bg music - very uplifting. Have a blessed week as you see HIS face in everything you do. Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails