Monday, April 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... April 13, 2009


Outside my window...

it is a cloudy, dark sky


I am thinking...
of where I was and where I could have been
had it not been for the saving grace of Jesus Christ
and how thankful I am that He saved a sinner like me


I am thankful for...
the resurrection of Jesus Christ
and how through Him, my sins are forgiven
and I am justified, having a sure hope in Him


From the learning rooms...
continuing our Proverbs study,

studying history in Exodus,
studying the country of Israel
and "adopting" a missionary to pray for there,
continue our science/nature study read aloud,
and continue with our other seatwork.


From the kitchen...
a blessing (cleaning) is needed from the weekend

and a new menu needs to be made


I am wearing...
dark blue, floral jumper with a cream, collared shirt


I am creating...
new dress for my sister
and, Lord willing, for myself later this week


I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,

currently in Deuteronomy, Psalms, Luke;
Pocketful of Pinecones by Karen Andreola;
Praying the Entire Bible for My Family by Joe Zichterman;
Holy Women by James Knox


I am hoping (praying)...
the Lord continues his work in

the family members/friends I've been praying for;
my beloved as he visits with his brothers this week


I am hearing...
Will and Beth playing a game in the living room;

"I love you"'s from Carolynne as she hugs my arm;
the dryer tumbling, the heater blowing


Around the house...
a little blessing (cleaning) is needed from the weekend



One of my favorite things...
spending quality AND quantity time
with the Savior and Lover of my soul


A few plans for the rest of the week...
focus on learning, training, and keeping our home;
possibly
visit and fellowship with friends; sew as am able;
work on my memory verse; attend our midweek service;
go through lots of old photos on the computer to make
a photo board for our eldest's upcoming graduation;
prepare and mail out graduation invitations.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...


"My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee;
and my soul, which though hast redeemed. " ~ Psalm 71:23
Praise God that I have been redeemed!



8 comments:

Tobitha said...

Christina, have a lovely week my friend! Your blog is always so refreshing to me :)

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to reading your beautiful Daybook. Thanks for the loveliness of it all. Debbi

Paula said...

I see that you are reading one of Bro. Knox's books. He pastors a church not too terribly far away from us. I have read several of his books and appreciate his position as a Bible Believer.

Hope you and yours have a splendid week! :)

Tori Leslie said...

I always love reading these. That photo is lovely!

Have a great week!!

PlainJane said...

Another lovely Daybook as always. The book on praying through the Bible for family sounds interesting. We are in the process of adopting an Israelie missionary to Israel too.

Have a wonderful week!!

Kristy... said...

What a beautiful picture *as usual :P*

Have a wonderful week!

Madeleine said...

I love how you call cleaning blessing!

I should start doing that, it may help my disposition.

Have a lovely week.

quilt'n-mama said...

I stopped by from Peggy's blog today and was encouraged! THank you!
Blessings,
Gayly

www. quilt-n-mama. blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails