Monday, April 6, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... April 6, 2009


Outside my window...

the sky is blue, the sun is hiding behind the clouds,
the wind is blowing, and rain is forecasted to come


I am thinking...
about what a blessing our Crucifixion Sunday

music service was yesterday


I am thankful for...
God loving me so much that He gave

His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ,
to come and die for me
so that I can live with Him eternally!


From the learning rooms...
continuing our Proverbs study,

studying history in Exodus,
studying the country of Israel
and "adopting" a missionary to pray for there,
continue our science/nature study read aloud,
and continue with our other seatwork.


From the kitchen...
a blessing (cleaning) is needed from the weekend

On the menu:
M ~ Taco Rice Taco Bake
T ~ Italian Chicken & pasta
W ~ Creamy Wild Rice Soup
Th ~ Chicken & Zucchini Casserole
F ~ Sourdough Pizza


I am wearing...
white, floral print square neck dress


I am creating...
alterations on whitle regency dress and pelisse;

new dress for myself and my sister


I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,

currently in Deuteronomy, Psalms, Luke;
and in the process of choosing a new book to read


I am hoping (praying)...
the Lord continues his work in

the family members/friends I've been praying for


I am hearing...
Beth play with cuisenaire rods,

Will sniffling as he reads in the reading room,
and noises from the monitors
reminding me there are a couple of sleepyheads
that need to be awakened. ;o)


Around the house...
a blessing (cleaning) is needed from the weekend



One of my favorite things...
being in God's house, worshipping with fellow believers,

focusing on the what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross,
singing songs of praise, worship, and thanksgiving to Him.


A few plans for the rest of the week...
focus on learning, training, and keeping our home;

go to piano lessons that our eldest teaches;
visit and fellowship with friends; sew as am able;
work on the cd that our eldest and I are making;
work on senior picures and getting invitations;
go through lots of old photos to make a photo board
for our eldest's upcoming graduation;
and attend our midweek service at church.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

"But God commendeth his love toward us,
in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
~ Romans 5:8

Praise God for what He did for us on the cross...
for saving a sinner like me!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May your week be filled with many blessings! I would love some more of your recipes. The Chicken & Zucchini Casserole sound yummy! Our sourdough bread turned out so good last week. I didn't get to make pizza as planned since I forgot to start it early enough for dinner.

~Mrs.Cuddles

PlainJane said...

So is Will sniffling because he has a cold or because it's a very sad story? :)

Please do share what all you end up doing for Ally's graduation.

Have a blessed week my friend!

Kristy... said...

I just LOVE this picture.. did you take it.. what a BREATH taking site to see!
Thanks for sharing it!

HsKubes said...

Mrs. Cuddles ~ I will try to share soon. ;o) I'm so glad your sourdough bread turned out! Yum! I'd love to know when you make it for pizza and how your family likes it. ;o)

PlainJane ~ Will was sniffling due to allergies. I will share about Ally's graduation when it comes to fruition. We are kinda winging it right now, figuring out what we're going to do. Exciting and exhausting at the same time! lol

Kristy ~ Yes, I took this photo on our trip to MI last February. This was in the West Virginia mountains and, yes, it was an absolutely beautiful sight!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails