Monday, February 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...



For today... February 23, 2009


Outside my window...
the sun is shining brightly

and there's a chill in the air


I am thinking...
of what I need to do this week


I am thankful for...
Christ's church and like-minded brethren


From the learning rooms...
{same as last week}

we continue to learn about Ancient Egypt,
are beginning a new country
for geography/missions (Japan),
and we will continue with
our daily seatwork, reading aloud, etc...


From the kitchen...
coffee waits to be enjoyed

and dishes await washing.
On the menu:
M ~ wet burritos
T ~ lasagna
W ~ meat & potato casserole
Th ~ chicken stir-fry
F ~ sourdough pizza


I am wearing...
cream square neck dress with mauve floral print


I am creating...
my white regency dress to go with the finished pelisse


I am reading...
Exodus, Psalm, Matthew {KJB};
Passionate Houswives Desperate for God;

Titanic's Last Hero


I am hoping (praying)...
the Lord continues His working in the lives
of family and friends I am praying for


I am hearing...
the children flipping pages of their books

in the reading room


Around the house...
the rooms need a blessing (cleaning)

from the weekend


One of my favorite things...
being in God's house

and fellowshipping with fellow believers


A few plans for the rest of the week...
continue in our homeschool studies,
attend our midweek service at church,
make a trip to the library, try to sew a little,

and just enjoy time spent with the children
and my beloved (when he is home).


Here is picture thought I am sharing..
.


"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God..."
~ 1 John 4:7


3 comments:

PlainJane said...

It sounds like another good week planned for you all. I hope Ally had an enjoyable birthday.

Thanks for answering my questions. I looked up the readers - they are beautiful. I love collecting good children's books and may have to add them to my collection should the Lord tarry and bless me with grandchildren someday. (smile)

Anonymous said...

What a pretty picture. I am thakful for like minded believers as well. And hey! the lasagna turned out great! Thanks!hehe

Lisa

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Ally!

Christina, I love the pic with you in the hat! You look beautiful!
I am not shouting but just exclaiming. LOL

Oh, I found a similiar pattern to use for the lil' girls....8 dresses to sew and no time. I do wish I wasn't over-ambitious at times.

Have a great weekend in the Lord,

Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails