Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Faith As a Child...

A few days ago, the younger children
were behaving in a way that required
a time of rebuke and instruction.
After dealing with them gently,
they apologized to one another
and then went off alone to ask God to forgive them, too.

Our youngest, Carolynne, came out from
where she had been praying and said,
"Mama, I prayed and asked God to forgive me
and to help me have a good attitude.
And I, also, asked Jesus to save me
because, Mama, I wasn't saved
and I know that I needed to be saved
and I don't want to go to hell either.
So I'm saved now."

I was amazed at the wisdom from our young one,
the child like faith,
and the simplicity of asking Jesus Christ to save her.
How, as she was asking forgiveness of her previous actions
and asking Him to help her have a better attitude,
realizing her lack of ability to do it herself,
at the same time, acknowledged her need for a Savior
and saw that now was the time to settle that, too!

The Lord reminded me of the simplistic, child-like faith
that we, too, need to have.
What a blessing it was as the Lord used
our 5 year old Carolynne to show me that reminder
and what a blessing and a time of rejoicing it was
that a new name was written down in Glory!





12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How wonderful! I can't wait for that day with my children. My oldest will be six next week and is still not saved. God is faithful. Prayer, patience, and more prayer...

Tobitha said...

Praising the Lord with you, Christina!

Nikki said...

Praise the Lord!! Nothing in this world compares to our children coming to Jesus.

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

How sweet~I am so happy for you all! Praise the Lord for sweet Carolynne, and the decision she has made!

Have a great week
~Amy

who needs sleep said...

Oh how wonderful!! I have met some amazing adults in my life who did the self same thing at about the self same age, and are still going strong for the Lord.

May she always remember the conviction, repentance, and hope of her heart as she does today.

And...can you hear the ANGELS & SAINTS rejoicing????? :)

Madeleine said...

OOps! The last post was from me. :)

I didn;t realize my son was signed on....

Anonymous said...

Oh, how precious! I was 5 when I asked Jesus into my heart, too. Thanks for sharing with us!

Alesha

PlainJane said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! I'm rejoicing with you - what a happy day!

Both our girls were five and a half when they asked Jesus into their hearts.

May the Lord Bless her!!

Susan said...

I am so happy for you! What a blessing...

Love,

Susan

Mrs. Taft said...

Praise the Lord!

Christine said...

That is so heart-warming to read!

Anonymous said...

Awww that is GREAT! What a blessing :) Praise The Lord!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails