Monday, November 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook... November 2, 2009




For today... November 2, 2009


Outside my window...
the sky is gray and cloudy


I am thinking...
of the plans for this week


I am thankful for...
the Holy Spirit that teaches me, guides me,
convicts me, helps me, comforts me


I am wearing...
a peach, floral square neck dress


I am remembering...
the Truths from yesterday's sermons


I am going...
to stay home and enjoy the pleasures therein


I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,
currently in 2 Chronicles, Proverbs, 1 Corinthians;
the book of Job with my husband;
A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George;
A Woman's Walk With God by Elizabeth George;
When Women Walk Alone by Cindi McMenamin;
For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn;
Order in the Court by Sherry Hutson Camperson;
Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey;
A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola;
Keeping Our Children's Hearts by Steve and Teri Maxwell
Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss


I am hoping (praying)...
for the Holy Spirit's continued work
in the hearts of the ones I love


On my mind...
the things I need to do today


From the learning rooms...
being students of God's Word in John and Judges;
finishing our memorization of Joshua 22:5;
learning of Ancient Greece; composer study Mozart;
and continuing studies in our other subjects, as well


Noticing that...
God is Good


Pondering these words...
"This is my commandment,
That ye love one another, as I have loved you."
~ John 15:12


From the kitchen...
a little blessing {cleaning} is needed from the weekend

On the Menu...
M ~ Tacos
T ~ Chicken Pot Pie (homemade)
W ~ Green Bean Casserole Deluxe
Th ~ Chicken Noodle Soup (homemade)
F ~ Sourdough Pizza
S ~ Daddy grills
Sun ~ Roast/Ranch mashed pototoes


Around the house...
the children are gathered in the living room;
one sleepyhead is still attempting to rise;
Suzie stares out the window; all is quiet


I am creating...
finishing a 'scrap' dress for Carolynne


I am hearing...
quietness


One of my favorite things...
that I am forgiven!


A few plans for the rest of the week...
focus on lessons at home;
take Ally to the chiropractor;
attend our midweek prayer service;
go to Beth's violin lessons;
go to our homeschool group's park day;
enjoy the blessings of home


Here is picture thought I am sharing...




"Thus saith the LORD, stand ye in the ways, and see,
and ask for the old paths, where is the good way,
and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls."
~ Jeremiah 6:16






5 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

I love your book list! Several on there are ones I want to read. I read Keeping Your Children's Hearts a few years ago after I got it at our Homeschool Conference. My children's hearts have been on my mind a lot lately, I need to pull that out and read it again!
THanks for reminding me!
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Gayly
quilt-n-mama. blogspot. com

Love Bears All Things said...

Couldn't view your photos. I love your menu. Made my mouth water.
Mama Bear

Lisa said...

I Love the new photo Christina! Love you!

PlainJane said...

Hi Christina,
Oh, I love this new print of yours! Look forward to seeing Carolynne's new scrap dress. Have a good week!

dtbrents said...

Your menu sounds great. It's nice how you speak of the Holy Spirit. I love to see young women who love the Lord and are teaching their children about Him. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails