Monday, November 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ November 9, 2009




For today... November 9, 2009


Outside my window...
the sky is a bright blue
and the sun is boldly shining


I am thinking...
of how I want to know Jesus Christ
even MORE intimately
and want to be more like Him


I am thankful for...
the blood of Jesus Christ
that cleanses me from all sin
and for the Holy Spirit that teaches me, guides me,
convicts me, helps me, comforts me


I am wearing...
a red, floral button up cotton dress


I am remembering...
the beautiful Truths that the LORD
taught me over the weekend


I am going...
run a couple of errands today


I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,
currently in 2 Chronicles, Ecclesiastes, 1 Corinthians;
the book of Job with my husband;
A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George;
A Woman's Walk With God by Elizabeth George;
When Women Walk Alone by Cindi McMenamin;
For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn;
Order in the Court by Sherry Hutson Camperson;
Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey;
A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola;
Keeping Our Children's Hearts by Steve and Teri Maxwell
How to Be Happy by Leon F. Maurer (added to my list last week)
Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss


I am hoping (praying)...
for the Holy Spirit's continued work
in the hearts of the ones I love;
for those friends/family that I have
that still need to accept Christ as their Savior


On my mind...
the love of God


From the learning rooms...
being students of God's Word in John and Judges;
finishing our memorization of Joshua 22:5;
learning of Ancient Greece; composer study Mozart;
and continuing studies in our other subjects, as well,
but a week of light work as Daddy will be home more.


Noticing that...
God is Good, so Good


Pondering these words...
"I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies,
and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed
unto thy servant..." ~ Genesis 32:10


From the kitchen...
a little blessing {cleaning} is needed from the weekend
and the smell of fresh,warm breakfast sausage balls
fill the air

On the Menu...
M ~ Tacos
T ~ Italian chicken and pasta
W ~ Grill Out with friends from church
Th ~ Manicotti
F ~ Sourdough Pizza


Around the house...
the children are gathered in
the reading room playing with cars;
our eldest is getting ready for the day;
Suzie is outside saying hello
to all the neighborhood dogs that pass by


I am creating...
a dark blue suede jumper for myself


I am hearing...
the children playing in the reading room
and instrumental music from my computer


One of my favorite things...
that I am forgiven and have a Savior/Creator
that loves me so much!


A few plans for the rest of the week...
enjoy extra time with Daddy on his days off;
run some errands; grill out with friends;
attend our midweek prayer and Bible service;
go to Beth's violin lesson; go grocery shopping;
meet for our first Keepers of the Faith meeting;
clean the church; enjoy life ;o)


Here is picture thought I am sharing...




"I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies,
and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed
unto thy servant..." ~ Genesis 32:10



If we could only grasp just how unworthy we are,
it would change our lives. May He open our eyes.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your Daybook thoughts today. Coming here always gives me a sense of peace.

Thank-you, Debbi

Anonymous said...

Good Monday Morning! I really felt inspired by your last two lines of this post about "just how unworthy we are"....Thank you for the words within the Spirit.

~Mrs.Cuddles

dtbrents said...

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation Col.3. I enjoyed your testimony. I hope you have a wonderful week. Doylene

Patty said...

How can one go wrong focusing on the Savior. Enjoyed your daybook. Have a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails