Monday, July 20, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... July 20, 2009


Outside my window...
is an overcasted sky and a cooler breeze
that has allowed me to open my windows


I am thinking...
of goals for the upcoming week


I am thankful for...
God's Word and good Christian music
that lifts my spirit and speaks to my heart


From the learning rooms...

we continue to complete our study in History
of Ancient Egypt and Exodus,
focusing on the 10th plague/Passover;
continue implementing more nature study;
and continue working on the completion of
other miscellaneous subjects so we can
transition into the upcoming 'school' year


From the kitchen...
counters are clean, dishes are done, all is well
On the Menu...
M ~ Taco Rice Tacos
T ~ Green Bean Casserole Deluxe
W ~ Rigatoni/garlic bread
Th ~Greek chicken with rice
F ~Sourdough Pizza


I am wearing...
a burgandy checkered, fruit print jumper



I am creating...
nothing currently on the sewing machine


I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,

currently in 1 Samuel, Psalms, Acts;
The Encyclopedia of Country Living by Carla Emery;
Lessons at Blackberry Inn by Karen Andreola;
Home Education by Charlotte M Mason;
reading aloud "Summer With the Moodys" by Sarah Maxwell


I am hoping (praying)...

continued revival in my heart, in my family,
in our church, in our nation;
for the upcoming music festival at our church
and for vacation Bible school the following week


I am hearing...
the lil' girls playing in the living room;
muffled sounds of Will and Ally from upstairs
as they have his piano lesson;
birds singing and cicadas making their joyful noise
outside my open windows;
classical music playing from the kitchen


One of my favorite things...
being in God's Word, God's house,
and with God's people


A few plans for the rest of the week...
focus on deeper cleaning and school work;
help a friend deep clean as she expects
her husband's arrival home from Iraq soon;
attend our midweek prayer and Bible service;
enjoy the simplicities of home


Here is picture thought I am sharing...


"Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD,
and whose hope the LORD is." ~ Jeremiah 17:7

What a promise! May our hope be the LORD
and our trust be in Him alone!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails