Monday, July 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...




For today... July 13, 2009


Outside my window...
cloudy skies, cool air,
and drops of rain
falling from the trees from our recent downpour


I am thinking...
of how nice it was to sit with my beloved last night,

both reading silently in quiet contentment


I am thankful for...
being in the Lord's house yesterday
after being out for a week due to family illnesses


From the learning rooms...

we continue to complete our study in History
of Ancient Egypt and Exodus,
and continue working on the completion of
other miscellaneous subjects so we can
transition into the upcoming 'school' year


From the kitchen...
Ally is peeling carrots for the children,

the dishwasher is running, and the fridge awaits a new menu


I am wearing...
a dark blue, floral cotton dress


I am creating...
nothing currently on the sewing machine


I am reading...
my KJ Bible through in a year,

currently in 1 Samuel, Psalms, Acts;
The Encyclopedia of Country Living by Carla Emery;
Lessons at Blackberry Inn by Karen Andreola;
Home Education by Charlotte M Mason;
reading aloud "Summer With the Moodys" by Sarah Maxwell


I am hoping (praying)...

continued revival in my heart, in my family,
in our church, in our nation


I am hearing...
the dishwasher running; the lil' girls playing in the living room;
Will playing with army men at the table; Ally talking to Suzie


One of my favorite things...
spending time in God's Word in the morning


A few plans for the rest of the week...
make a new menu; take a trip to the commisary;
take Ally to her endocrin appointment;
go to our midweek Bible/prayer service;
focus on school and house work; go to our homeschool park day


Here is picture thought I am sharing...


"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever:
for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength. " ~ Isaiah 26:3-4

What encouragement! Praise God for such a promise!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails