Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ November 9, 2010




For today...
Tuesday, November 9, 2010



Outside my window...
night has fallen,
the sky is darkened,
lights from the city are seen


I am thinking...
of some projects on my 'to do' list


I am thankful ...
how He teaches me,
is longsuffering,
full of mercy and grace


I am wearing...
brown jumper with floral print,
brown long sleeve shirt,
burgundy covering,
tall, thick, warm, black socks. ;o)


I am remembering...
where the LORD {YHVH}
has brought me from,
what He has brought me out of...
all He has done


I am reading...
Ezekiel, Matthew,
and portions from
Genesis {Torah portion};
lesson in our Sunday evening Bible study;
"Fossilized Customs" by Lew White;
"The Hallelujah Diet" by George Malkmus;
"Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus" by Ann Spangler, Lois Tverberg


I am hoping (praying)...
for strength, wisdom,
love, and grace
especially in circumstances;
for our eldest, who is at college,
to grow closer to the Savior,
to see HIS truths,
and to obey and follow HIM;
for my beloved husband
and our children still at home;
for the LORD (YHVH)
to open the eyes of His people;
for friends and family
that are going through difficult times


On my mind ...
how He sends encouragement,
in so many ways,
just when we need it!


From the learning rooms...
reading living books
miscellaneous seatwork,
studying Torah portions
and branching off into unit-type studies;
natural learning always continues...
Mama is still trying to compile
a list of this year's plans
and work out a 'skeleton' of structure.


Noticing that...
His mercies and His compassions fail not...
They are new every morning...
and great is His faithfulness!


Pondering these words ...
"I freed a thousand slaves.
I could have freed a thousand more
if only they knew they were slaves.”
Harriett Tubman

So many do not realize
how they are enslaved...
in addictions, in habits, and more...
in traditions, in thinking...

In His Word is Truth.
May we find it.
May the LORD {YHVH}
open our eyes to it.

"If ye continue in My word,
then are ye My disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth,
and the truth shall make you free."
John 8:31-32



From the kitchen...
only a few dishes sit in the sink;
coffee pot needs to be set for morning

On the Menu...

T ~ Chicken Enchilada Casserole
W~ Roast with carrots
Th ~ Rigate Bake
F ~ Sourdough Pizza
S ~ Chili & Challah
Sun ~ Challah french toast


I am creating...
regency dresses
(for an online friend & her family);
a few toddler skirts
(for a friend)


I am hearing...
quietness throughout the house
as everyone is sleeping tonight...
blog's background music playing softly


One of my favorite things...
seeing our children grow
in so many ways


A few plans for the rest of the week...
continue in our studies;
sew, sew, and sew;
enjoy the many comforts of home!


Here is picture thought I am sharing...



My dear, sweet lil' tea time friend today. ;o)

Tea time is more about tea...
it's a little time in the day
to build and nurture relationships.
What a blessing it is, too!




Shalom!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails